MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Rails & Rollers
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 01 November 2009, 01:51
skippy
Just call me: Paul #72

Queensland
Australia
BOM (Build Of Materials) Grind Head Assembly M6 10 100 AA (Rail Grinding Skate)

Does anybody have the BOM (Build Of Materials) Grind Head Assembly M6 10 100 AA?

I know the you use the Eccentrics from the Spider Plate Assembly.

What Bearings, Bolts, Nuts and Washers do you used?

Regards

Paul
Old Sun 01 November 2009, 05:11
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Hi Paul,
Can’t remember where it is said or written for you to refer to, but I know you’ll need a separate set of bearings just for that skate.
8-Bearings n° 6001
Bolts, nuts & washer from what you can scavenge out of your shop or new. All 5/16 or 8mm, you’re pick !
For height adjustment, I used those .
Chamfered socket head tempered steel screw. Glided very nice, no nicks, no grab….I used a spray lube, any lube will do (WD-40, 5-56…I used BOESHIELD T-9 only cause I had this one close by) to lubed rails & those screws heads and personally I felt a difference as far as it made them “slippier” but also has a tendency for the fine abrasive dust to stick more to the work surfaces !
So need to clean both surfaces every pass, but in my view & fell, was well worth it. Many other did not use any lube at all and all went fine as well …you to pick !?
Look around in this forum, you’ll see many photos on how to mount this spider from various builders !
Have a look at this thread, and this one.
Good luck, amicalement, Robert

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read