MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 24 February 2009, 19:15
TJS
Just call me: T.J.

Fairfield,CT
United States of America
Introducing myself..newbie here from US - Fairfield,CT

Hi,
Newbie here from Connecticut. I just downloaded the plans and have been browsing the forums and builds. I want to build the MechMate for a plasma cutter as well as a router. I have a pretty good home shop. Lathe, Bridgeport Milling machine, plasma cutter, TIG, MIG and band saw as well as hand grinders and many cutters, drills and taps. I need to print the plans out and study them but I am most likely going to do all the metal fabrication first and probably buy the laser cut parts from Joe in Alabama. I have wired boats and cars but not have wired anything of this nature of a project. I have a Father-in law that is an elect. engineer and I am sure I will get help from him. The steel supplier is only a few miles away and the good thing is he knows me pretty good and gives me his best prices that he can. Hope to have some build threads started in a month or so. I just need to study the plans first.
Thanks.
T.J.
Old Wed 25 February 2009, 03:02
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
TJ,

Sounds as though you have an idea situation for building a MM. Welcome to the journey and good luck with your build. You forgot to mention one other tool you need.... a digital camera. We like to see lots of pictures.
Old Wed 25 February 2009, 03:56
kanankeban
Just call me: Hector #89

Monterrey
Mexico
Good luck with the build, the reality is that you dont need the mill and lathe....but it will help you a lot to do the things better
Old Wed 25 February 2009, 15:46
TJS
Just call me: T.J.

Fairfield,CT
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfl View Post
TJ,

Sounds as though you have an idea situation for building a MM. Welcome to the journey and good luck with your build. You forgot to mention one other tool you need.... a digital camera. We like to see lots of pictures.
Yes I have the camera as well. I will take pics and post when the time comes. For now, it is read the builds in the forums and learn as much as I can without cutting/drilling or welding anything at this point.
Thanks.
T.J.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read