MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > CAM
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 19 October 2008, 08:10
cabnet636
Just call me: jim

columbia sc
United States of America
Vectric Aspire

vectric has a new release!!!

http://vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3875
Old Sun 19 October 2008, 12:18
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
The Vectric website will have information on the new software on Tuesday.

This looks very promising.
Old Sun 19 October 2008, 17:21
skypoke
Just call me: Chuck

Port Aransas
United States of America
Yes, I happened to be at the Shopbot jamboree in Austin on Fri. and watched the Vectric guys as they rolled it out and ran it through its paces. My thinking is that for a power user it's most likely a worthy, though comparatively expensive, upgrade.

Personally, I'm going to work on mastering the nuances of VCP first. I don't see enough useful applications for the 2.5D stuff in my case as I'm not an artist and my interests lie more in unfolding applications and 2d cutting of production parts.

After attending this event I have a greater appreciation for the knowledge gained from self constructed machinery.

Any of you guys get to the Maker Faire? Outstanding!

Chuck
Old Mon 20 October 2008, 07:27
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Was at the Maker Faire last year - donno about this year though - when is it scheduled this year - is vectric going to be there this year?
Old Wed 26 November 2008, 18:33
robertmonroe
Just call me: Robert

El Paso
United States of America
Vectric Aspire is very cool been playing with the demo all day it is fantastic.
Old Tue 23 December 2008, 04:20
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Wish I had the money or the reason to lay out that much money. Using the Cut2D from Vectric and playing with Aspire demo I know it will make life a lot easier for me, but wow that is big bucks for a program.
Was looking at the different exchange rates....If I buy in Euro it will cost me R 17 289.57...today
In Dollar it will cost me R 16 949.15
In Pound sterling only R 14 294.85
Saving of R 3000.00 .....but it is still toooooo much.
Old Tue 23 December 2008, 08:18
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Vectric Aspire

I am looking at this hard. I saw it the other day and the features look very straight forward. How well do you all feel the MM with the current OM 7.2 Motors 20DP rack and 30 toothe pinion will handle the resolution?

I want to do cuts for signs on HDU using the MM .

Thoughts?
Old Tue 23 December 2008, 08:47
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Cutting High Density Urethane foam for signs must be the least demanding application for a MM! Simple direct drive is okay for foam signs.
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 06:23
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
If you are using Aspire, what kind of file are you outputting for Mach. Is it a .tap file?
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 11:49
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Mach will open any file extension, as long as it is basic ASCII text.
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 11:51
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Conversely, the post processor section of Aspire can probably be configured to attach any extension to the text file it writes.
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 12:09
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I appreciate you comments but I suppose I should have asked the question differently.

If you are using Aspire. I know you can use any of them but I want to know what Aspire users are using.

When you have finished working on a item that you are going to cut, what post processor are you using?

Have you had any problems?

Thank you.
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 12:25
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I expect it to have a post processor titled "Mach3", since the Aspire developers are not aligned to any machine brand and their biggest client base are either ShopBot or Mach users. Why not ask Tony at Vectric? tonym(at)vectric(dot)com
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 12:37
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I am interested in hearing what other MechMate users, though they be few, have experienced.

I have talked with Aspire. I am looking for input from users....
Old Thu 22 January 2009, 19:52
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Aspire Post Procs

I have purchased the app and it has a ton of post procs and a load of training info. The apps 3D View is a lot like the small Compucarve App I have(At a pro level of course). It seems as I learn, it has a lot of power and options. I figured I would work my way through the curve as I build my table. I have Corel X3 and already do vector work for my plasma table so I am finding the app very user friendly. I have the sample grapes file I can send someone to cut but the G-Code(oops thinking about my plasma) Mach file is 2.2 meg so you can PM me. I would love to see it's output on a MM.

It also has Shop Bot Post procs as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PostProc 4.jpg (79.8 KB, 926 views)

Last edited by MetalHead; Thu 22 January 2009 at 19:58..
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 02:06
William McGuire
Just call me: Bill

Weiser, Idaho
United States of America
G Codes

The Mach 2/3 ARCS is for those without a tool changer...

The ATCs are for those who do have a changer.

Without the tool changerou can save the tool paths into separate files and change tools before loading each file...

I just received my copy. I had done the roadrunner and rooster from MACH3, but when I ran an Aspire file with lettering, I found out I had the Y directions backward and got a very good mirror image...
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 03:06
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
The reason I have asked these questions is that I have a borrowed copy of ArtCAM Pro and the post processor file from ArtCAM is different then the file from Aspire. Granted I have not cut a file from Aspire. I have talked to Tony and a technical person from Aspire. They are also willing to work with me on producing a file that works. But before they do that I wanted to see what the experience was from others.

Mike (Meatlhead) is going to send me a copy of a file he has and I will try cutting it. I have no received my DVD as of yet.

I will be happy to post what I find out and what happens.
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 04:37
cabnet636

columbia sc
United States of America
there is no shortage of mach three users that have aspire and are using it successfully.

jim
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 06:54
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jim,

I am not sure I agree with you. The software has not been out that long. And it doesn't matter if your statement is true or not.

But I am not questioning that it works with mach, I wanted to know what MM users are using for the post processor. That was my question and that is all I was asking.

Thanks
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 07:29
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I'm with Jim on this one Nils. There are less than 20 MM's running on Mach, so asking your question here didn't make sense. At CNC zone and the Mach forum you will find thousands of machines running on Mach, where there is a much better chance of finding an Aspire user base.

The interaction between Aspire and Mach has absolutely nothing to do with MechMate.
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 08:03
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I am sorry but I do not understand why you or any one is questioning why I asked the question here. I thought I was a member in good standing. Does it really matter why I was asking it here? The forum is based I thought on free and open discussion.

Yes, I know I could have asked the question on CNCZone, Mach or the Vectric forum but I asked it here. I was looking for the input from MM users.

But I am hearing that is a problem.
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 08:14
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Nils, there is nothing personal about it. Just thought you could get a far better answer by asking the question somewhere else. It surprised me that you asked the question here and thus I was sure that I was misunderstanding your question.
Old Fri 23 January 2009, 08:21
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I knew you did not mean it personally. I was interested in know what MM owners of Aspire are using. Both you and Jim are correct that I will get a better response to my question on other sites but I will also get the same kind of input that I got here but in a much larger number and people will not answer my simple question.

We have had three days of the coldest weather I have seen in a long time. They call it a hard freeze for us. Once you have lived in FL for over 5 years, anything under 40 degrees is cold.

Have a great weekend.
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 02:57
Greolt
Just call me: Greg

Victoria
Australia
A rotary axis example

There has been a bit of talk recently on the forum about 4th axis construction.

I have been playing around with mine a bit, mostly because of the new version of CNCWrapper has got me inspired. And Vectric have announced they are going to include a wrap post processor in the next release of Aspire.

Today I tried a table leg. All done in the 4th axis. Top bit in indexer mode. Modelled in Aspire and wrapped.

Sorry I don't have a Mechmate, but the potential is just the same.

Greg

Old Thu 05 November 2009, 03:44
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Greg, it would be great if you put together a tutorial for this
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 11:44
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
They are fantastic... well done
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 14:26
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Greg,

Well done and thanks for sharing.
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 15:17
Castone
Just call me: Leo #41

Soddy Daisy , Tn
United States of America
Nice !! Very well done.
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 17:30
cabnet636

columbia sc
United States of America
brian announced the impending release on shopbots indexer forum,, thanks to greg i have been able to play a better cnc!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QlyC9-oyA

jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00007.JPG (43.0 KB, 649 views)
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 20:46
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Wow it is getting better and better...I need to get my 4th axis done now.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read