MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > CAM
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 12 January 2009, 14:51
russelljwr
Just call me: Jesse

St Johns
United States of America
MasterCam 9.2

I am looking at buying a hoddy cnc router, but I need to get software to run it. I have MasterCam 9.2 to write the G code. Since I have done all my programing in Mastercam, I would like to keep it. What Software would work good for me? I hear people talking about buying Mach3. One concern I have is what "post" do i use with Mach3 to write the G code. Every Machine takes G code differently. Does anyone know what I should use. Thanks
Jesse
Old Mon 12 January 2009, 17:03
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jesse,

Mach works with your machine. The CAM software generates the GCode and Mach reads the GCode file that the CAM program made. Mach sends commands to your machine by way of the computer attached to your machine. Mach resides on the computer attached to your CNC machine.

The CAM program you use is the one you think will provide the capability you need for the type of things you are using. That is the question we all are having to make.
Old Mon 12 January 2009, 21:42
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Mach3 uses a very middle_of_the_road G-Code so I don't see that you will have a problem with the post-processor. Best is to ask the Mach people at their forum for the MasterCAM post settings that will suit them. www.machsupport.com

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read