MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 17 October 2010, 13:35
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Update on build cost

I am planing my next build for a machine aimed at doing carvings. After 3 or 4 years looking at everything I could find I still think that the MM design is the best. Started determined to build a 4by4 because of shop space but after looking at moving things around I can get a 4by8 in the shop.
While cost is not a limiting factor it is a consideration factor. The electronics and motors will be the same for both so the diference in cost will only be metal which I suspect will be less than $500. Anyone that kept at least fairly accurate price of materials please post them, year bought and location. I estamate the cost of my indexer at 6K but there was a fair amount of rework after I found the MM site and this was 3 years ago so I am not sure the cost guess is accurate.
Old Sun 17 October 2010, 15:37
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Art,

Skippy and I have kept a very accurate costing for both our machines. Cost is currently at $11,175.00 AUD per table including the purchase of Mach 3 for both machines.
The only other purchases we have left to make are Vectric Aspire, cutting bits and materials to cut.

Cheers
Tony.
Old Sun 17 October 2010, 16:15
David Bryant
Just call me: David #99

Western Australia
Australia
Hi Art
I am also building in Australia and have spent $11 161 Australian Dollars. I still need to spend a hundred on electronics, sort out a mount for the spindle and buy cutting bits and software. (Used existing computer)
Cheers
David
Old Sun 17 October 2010, 16:42
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
table cost

That is some help as the AU and USD are the same so roughly 11K USD each machine. What I am looking for is in the US and cost of materials for table, no electronics or motors. Costs in other countries would be very interesting to see how it varies.
Old Sun 17 October 2010, 21:54
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Art, After purchasing my Milwaukee Router last week I have no more than 4100.00 invested into the table. This is including expendables but not large tools (welder).

This is in FL, with belt drives and 4x8 table with I beams. What has saved me a ton of money was finding all the cables for 200.00

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read