MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 11 December 2009, 10:51
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
I bought in RO for 290 E. I guess it must be the same distribution line like GR.
Way overpriced.
Old Fri 11 December 2009, 11:26
Sergio-k
Just call me: Sergio #61

Athens
Greece
I mailed this guy here in Greece and wrote him that the PK296AE-SG7.2 are way overpriced regarding the rest of Europe.
I also attached him the US OMotors site where you can see the price at 250$
and this was his reply :

"Dear Mr Sergio

Regarding our conversation today you must have misunderstood our price regarding the PK296AE-SG7.2 Motors.
Our retail price including VAT is 321 euros with approximate delivery time of 3 weeks.
Furthermore concerning the US PK296A2A-SG7.2 equivalent motor at the price of 257$ you must account that in Greece the VAT is 19% while for the US is ranged to 9% max.
Comparing also the 2 models you will clearly see that the European model has 8 wires while the US model is 6 wire.
The advantage of the European model which rates it's price higher is that it can be connected Parallel Bipolar taking full advantage of the Motor.

Regards"

We're talking about big pile of crap here
I still think he sucks big time !!!
Old Wed 16 December 2009, 00:36
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Today i got all the Push Buttons and also capacitors and rectifier for my PS.

Studying the circuit 10 70 230 i realised that they give me a wrong switch for this :

according to circuit the red button should be NC and the green button should be NO but my switch has both buttons to NC.
I have to change this, right ??

And the next thing i want to clarify is that the E'stops PB switches are all NC and the
pause,resume and home PB switches are all NO, right ???

Sergio

Last edited by Sergio-k; Wed 16 December 2009 at 00:39..
Old Wed 16 December 2009, 02:00
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I think your presumptions are all correct . . . . I havn't wired one of these things for a long time.
Old Wed 16 December 2009, 04:32
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Sergio, I’ll second Gerald, you presumed correctly on all counts !
Robert
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 03:08
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Today i set up my Control Box (not the wiring).
Progress is a bit slow due to holiday works assigned by the "BOSS" which leaves little time for my MM.
(I wish the shopping malls had hardware stores, that would be a nice place for men too then !!)

Here's a bit of progress i made :

Installed the fan

added some Arctic Silver to Geckos and Rectfier

And finished

Some of my PB Boxes

And finally my question :

Will this cables do the work for the whole MM wiring ??
http://www.parpanelas.gr/index.php?o...mid=34&lang=el

it's control cables FLEX-C-PUR
Unfortunately there's no english version for the PDF file but i hope you get the picture.

Sergio

Last edited by Sergio-k; Sun 20 December 2009 at 03:16..
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 07:00
Claudiu

Arad
Romania
Nice progress Sergio,

You cannot judge the cables by the looks, dedicated flex cables are usually 3-4 times more expensive than stationary cables for machines, but if stated flex they usually should work. Check also bend radius to fit the bend radius of your cable chain.
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 09:35
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I cannot see how thin the copper wires are in the center....they must be quite thin to make a flexible cable.

I think that spec says to use a bend radius of 20 times the cable radius for a flexible cable situation. Your cables will be about 9mm in diameter and so the official bend radius should be 180mm, which is quite big. (we normally use cable chains with less than 100mm radius).

However, The Ölflex cables we use are also supposed to have a bend radius of 20 times diameter, but they are thinner (about 7.5mm diameter).

I think your cables are very similar to Ölflex and my guess is that they will be okay if you select cable chains with slightly over 100mm radius.
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 10:59
drinksalot
Just call me: Gerry

Wexford
Ireland
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬*¬**
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 16:23
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Well i never considered that E-chain radius and cable radius
would play a big role in MM but thinking now of a cable squezed and trying to move inside the E-chain it's not such a good picture.

My first mistake is that i have allready bought the Igus 240-03-075 which the last 3 digits shows the radius in mm (75mm).
So my 7 core Flex-C-Pur cable which i linked, with a 20x9=180mm radius is going to have a hard time in the E-chain.

My only solution is to exchange my 240-03-075 chain with the 240-03-125 and buying this cable : http://www.parpanelas.gr/index.php?o...d=24&Itemid=34
which has a radius of 10 X (cable radius) meaning that a 12core cable will have a radius of 118mm.

Sergio
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 20:39
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Sergio, in the perfect world you have to match the cable and the cable chain exactly . . . . . that is for very high speed and 24 hours a day movement. We can make some compromises. My cables officially need 150mm radius, but my chains are 75mm. I would not exchange the chains. That http://www.parpanelas.gr/index.php?o...d=24&Itemid=34 cable should be fine in 75mm chains.
Old Sun 20 December 2009, 21:35
Claudiu

Arad
Romania
I wouldn`t use a 150 radius cable chain. You gonna have a BIIIG LOoOP like a rollercoaster on your table which will attract attention to the wrong place.....
Old Mon 21 December 2009, 00:43
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Thx Claus & Gerald

You saved me from an ugly visit to downtown, which in these days is veeeeryyyy ugly.
Old Mon 04 January 2010, 09:54
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Happy New Year to Everyone

Back to my MM and i hope this month will bring me close to sawdust.

I've done some wiring in my Control Box, ordered the steel for the table and waiting my motors to arrive so i can start REAL construction.

I also had my Bruce Lee Spindle, VFD and Cables arrived during holidays
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...SpindleVFD.jpg

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...len/Cables.jpg

What i haven't figured out yet is RELAYS.
Reading about some setups and furthermore into relay operation as i'am a bit slow concerning electricity, i still couldn't find out if RELAYS is a must for spindle and dust collector according to 230v single phase circuit designed by Gerald or they could be ommited ?
Can someone please explain me the advantage of using them or not and if i must add them to my control box, can someone point me to a specific type from this site http://www.markidis.gr/index.php?cPath=39 ??

My spindle is a 2.2kw water cooled and my dust collector is this one http://www.emboridis.gr/bostondc300l...ml?language=en

Sergio
Old Mon 04 January 2010, 10:31
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
......forgot to add one more question

Concerning my isolator (main switch) http://www.noratex.gr/newpdfgr/pg40-44.pdf

is the LB225:31309 with 25A enough ???
Old Mon 04 January 2010, 10:51
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio-k View Post
i still couldn't find out if RELAYS is a must for spindle and dust collector according to 230v single phase circuit
You do not need a relay for a spindle - a BoB can usually switch the small current signal for the VFD.

But, for a dust collector, you will need a heavy duty "relay", or a "contactor" (something like this) but I don't enough about your Bob and your dust collector

The LB225:31309 with 25A is enough.
Old Mon 04 January 2010, 13:19
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Hi Gerald !!

The contactor you linked is allready in my control box.
Did you mean that i should buy a 2nd one for my dust collector or just one is ok ?
Old Mon 04 January 2010, 21:35
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
A second one for the dust collector. The first one is for your emergency stop.
Old Tue 05 January 2010, 06:31
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Sergio,

with such a big BoB, you might want to add consider make full us of all 6 attachments on the board instead of just the 4 corners.

apart from that yoy are doing a very nice job!
Ries
Old Tue 05 January 2010, 14:05
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Thanks Ries

I'm really doing my best cause i was always absent on electricity class on school

Just imagine that i read 5 times before i make one connection
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 05:19
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Ground Flat Stock Needed

Hello again.

Table welding going good so far (i'll post pictures when ready) !!

My big problem is that i cannot find any ground flat stock here in Greece.
I have only found A2 plates but their not grounded to precision and the quality is really poor.
I've contacted 2 sites so far for buying my stock from the US or UK but none is shipping items to Greece.
Is there anyone who can send me a piece of ground flat stock 100x500x6 mm
in Greece ???
All expenses will be covered through PayPal.

Thanks
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 05:58
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Sergio,

I'll help if I can. Let me know the specific product you wish to have purchased and sent to you. Also, I would want you to do the research for the cost of shipping from me to you. There is also a cost to me to receive funds from PAYPAL. For international currency, its a bit more.

Let me know if you want me to help.
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 06:15
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Sergio, some of our steel comes from Uddeholm, who have these representatives in Greece:

STASSINOPOULOS-UDDEHOLM STEEL TRADING S.A.
20, Athinon Street
GR-Piraeus 18540

Telephone: +30 210 417 21 09
Telefax: +30 210 417 27 67
info@uddeholm.gr
www.uddeholm.gr/

SKLERO S.A.
Heat Treatment and Trading of Steel
Uddeholm Tool Steels
Industrial Area of Thessaloniki
P.O. Box 1123
GR-57022 Sindos, Thessaloniki

Telephone: +30 2310 79 76 46
Telefax: +30 2310 79 76 78
info@sklero.gr
www.sklero.gr/
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 09:41
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Gerald
I allready contacted Uddeholm and Mr.Stasinopoulos
and what they gave me was a piece of Sleipner (230 Brinell) rusted with
rough cuts on ends.
They told me also that they have stopped importing ground flat stock because there's no demand.
What can you expect in a NON Industrialized country.
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 09:48
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Sergio,

I don't have a solution for you but importing... I also life in a non Industrialized country where making anything is more of a challenge...
We had to go for some other material aswell, I don't know exactly what it is but Jairo (father in law) told me it a hardened piece of stainless steel (I broke a bit on it during drilling )

It wasn't perfectly flat, but all we could get our hands on without importing.

Good luck with the search, that took for me up quite some time during my build.

Ries
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 10:41
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Sergio, rough cuts on the ends are normal for these plates - only the 100mm and 6mm dimensions are ground and controlled. Unless the rust is very, very bad, I would use the Sleipner.
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 11:38
Sergio-k

Athens
Greece
Gerald

I would be happy if the plate was 100x6mm but it's not.
it varies from 100 to 102 and the rust has made some holes (deep spots actually) allready in the plate.
I searched for someone who could grind that plate for me in the exact dimensions but only mould makers have these tools and they don't stop their production for nothing.
Do you think i could do the job with stainless steel ?

Last edited by Sergio-k; Mon 18 January 2010 at 11:45..
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 11:59
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I am not a fan of stainless steels for rail surfaces. Some are quite soft, others like sticking (galling) to the rollers. It would be safer to use mild steel if you don't know how hard the stainless steel is.
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 12:09
wintersgillg
Just call me: Graham

Glasgow
United Kingdom
Ground Plate

Sergio

I found this http://www.ground-flat-stock.co.uk/products.html If they have problems shipping it to you get it sent to me and I will forward it on. I no experience of working with this company but they seem well established.

Regards
Old Mon 18 January 2010, 12:50
riesvantwisk

Quito
Ecuador
@Gerald,
That's good to know (I assume it was a response to my entry) and that is something to think about when 'things happen', unfortunately I was running out of options with my plate. This stainless still (inoxidable they called it here) was quite hard, I broke at least a bit (although a small on) and on the drillpress I did notice the difference but when this plate and the rest of our drilling.

Ries

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read