MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Rails & Rollers
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 21 September 2009, 08:03
711man
Just call me: BillT

Austin, TX
United States of America
Finally, construction resumed

Copied from elsewhere:

I’ve chosen to use the “BWC” V-track for this project, frankly because I could not come up with an accurate way to cut and grind the very long and heavy 14 foot main rails. Setting up the V-track system is not easy either. A complete discussion for this is found elsewhere on the board, http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21 so there is no need to discuss my method here.

But I would like to say for all those reading, the V-track system does not save time or money. The V-track system requires match drilling the track to the angle every three inches. For my main rails alone it’s approximately 120 holes. Much care must be taken to get the V-track assembled accurately so that the top of the track does not look like waves across the ocean. I’m happy with the way my track assembly turned out and to have another milestone of the project completed. Both tracks are arrow straight and parallel. Photos will follow soon after the gantry is built.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read