MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > The Show Room
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 31 January 2009, 05:37
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
MDF shelf brackets

My first commercial job...small but it came to me... Hennie needed 20 x small corner brackets...as his machine is not up and running he asked me to do it. They are 120mm x 120mm and very simple. Took me 30 minutes for all 20....I am not pushing old BBB hard...nice and easy....gives me nice and clean cuts...

During the cut

I decided to make myself some too, but with a nice shape....

Old Sat 31 January 2009, 05:47
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Thanks Kobus, send me one of yours as an sample.Won`t tell you what I am getting paid for that with some shelving will post pics once project is complete.
Old Sat 31 January 2009, 06:30
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Smart brackets Kobus. Show them to your local hardware store and ask them if they want to stock them.

Are you comfortable with a CAD program yet?
Old Sat 31 January 2009, 22:58
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Thanks Gerald. I still use Coreldraw for everything. Found if I export the file to EPS my Vectric Cut 2D works 100 %. I surf and search for most of my ideas and then tweak them a little to my liking. Those brackets had more detail, but I decided to cut with a 6mm bit and therefore lost some detail. I went back to Coreldraw and took the small stuff out and made the two side holes a little bigger. Will go and speak to the local Hardware owner.
Old Sun 01 February 2009, 00:18
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Attachment 3571

BBB has got the first cable chain connected. The X-axis will be a while as my table is close to the wall and working there could be a problem.

Attachment 3570

Maybe I did not cut deep enough but this little bit of FLUFF was easily removed by a very slight rub with sandpaper....once over and it's gone.

Attachment 3573

The NICE bracket close -up

Attachment 3572

Made a little 3 tier shelf close to the BBB computer to put bits and pieces on that prevoiusly were lying all over the working table and the computer keyboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00380.JPG (50.6 KB, 908 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00386.JPG (74.0 KB, 909 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00387.JPG (51.5 KB, 907 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00388.JPG (63.3 KB, 906 views)
Old Sun 01 February 2009, 07:51
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Kobus, did you cut those brackets in one slow pass, right through? with a straight cutter (not spiralled)?

The reason I ask is because you got the fluffs on the bottom, which is unusual for us, because we normally use a spiral up cutter and get the fluffs on the top.

The amount of fluff is directly related to the sharpness of the cutter.

My guess is that the tip of your cutter is already a little dull.
Old Sun 01 February 2009, 12:30
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Correct. Just a cheap YELLOW straight bit that has done some work. Not too concerned with the amount of FLUFF. Easy enough to clean up

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read