MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 01 September 2009, 14:05
martin77pl
Just call me: Martin #39

Wroclaw
Poland
Cutting speed becomes irregular - computer not matched properly

Testing or actually tunning the machine we are now. At the moment all the wires are run through. I am trying to set Mach3 for optimal configuration. I get wierd sound whenever the speed reaches 360. The motors lock up and then move again when the speed drops. I am using geared motors unipolar connection using four wires out of 8. My power supply deliveres 33 VDC to the drives. I think it might not be enough for faster speeds. I got the steps set for 127.388 with 36 tooth pinion. I am gonna try and adjust the tripot next time and see what happens or replace the tansformer to raise the voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (114.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (133.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 006.jpg (108.1 KB, 76 views)
Old Tue 01 September 2009, 21:04
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Martin, have tried using a different computer? I don't think you have a voltage problem.
Old Wed 02 September 2009, 05:47
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I have replicated that speed ceiling problem with an underpowered pc as well Gerald.
Have you tried running the speed test in Mach 3 to see if your PC is compliant?
Old Wed 02 September 2009, 08:30
martin77pl

Wroclaw
Poland
Well, this is the second computer I have tried so far. The first one was older and weaker but seemed more stable as far as the test is concerned. The one I am using now is more powerful. There is 2G ram and the processor speed is 3GHz. Nonetheless, both computers seem to fail if what you say is true that my power suply should be ok. I am gonna try third computer tomorrow.
Old Wed 02 September 2009, 09:14
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Can you give us your .xml setup file from Mach? I would like to check if you set the machine to run mm or inches, then to check the Motor Tuning for motor speed and acceleration.
Old Wed 02 September 2009, 11:55
martin77pl

Wroclaw
Poland
Hey Gerald, I just returned from a trip to a shop. I couldnt wait till tomorrow. Tried different computer. The one I tried now was outstanding. It is what you say about the computer it cant be to slow or to fast. What a relief. The sound of the mtors moving so smooth. Before it was like shaving with blunt razor and now with that third mid range computer it is like heaven. Such a difference. Thanks a lot for advice. Will post a video on Youtube soon. I have settings in mach in mm and M1 module 36 teeth and 127.324 steps and 45000Hz kernel speed. Now I need to get a different PC.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read