MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > CNC motion control software
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 26 November 2015, 14:45
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
CNC USB Controller

Hello to everybody !
Two days ago a friend of mine build a small 4 axis machine driven by CNC USB.
This small machine is very precise, the settings of the software are quite intuitive and the most important it works with USB connection.
With this machine he shapes carbide inserts for router bits something like this http://www.amanatool.com/products/cn...3-4-shank.html.
So its easy to imagine that the margin error is very small.
Could this be the replacement of Mach3/Mach4 ?
Old Fri 27 November 2015, 05:01
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Do you have the name of this USB controller and software?
Old Fri 27 November 2015, 05:29
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
As Mike said, which specific control are you talking about?

There are a several alternatives to Mach3 and Mach4.

These four are probably the most comparable ones:
UCCNC
EdingCNC
LinuxCNC
Planet CNC

You can probably also add Flashcut in there too. While it's much more expensive, the price is somewhat comparable to a Mach3/Mach4 setup with a high end motion controller like a Hicon or CS Labs.

There are also several low cost options used on small hobby machines like the ShapeOKO and X Carve type machines.
These tend to be lacking in features, and in some cases use a web based front end.

I think there are at least one or two more controls sold in europe that I'm not familiar with.
Old Fri 27 November 2015, 09:42
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
This is the link to their site :http://www.planet-cnc.com/index.php?page=home
They have the hardware and the software.
Old Fri 22 January 2016, 06:23
brazgotine
Just call me: brazgotine

Ljubljana
Slovenia
I use their sw/hw solution and i can tell you that it is definitely one of the most simple softwares out there.
You can get so much done in so little time.

Board itself is very quality made.
Old Wed 27 January 2021, 12:16
Jiomneller7
Just call me: Jiom

New york
United States of America
As mentioned i am continuing my same topic thread in this old thread. So i am also looking for USB CNC Controller. From one source of information i got to know about GOWE 3Axis Offline Controller, it supports the FANUC with high universality to be compatible with the G code set. Moreover, the port of this controller is expandable.
Looks a good one but open to know more suggestions.
Old Mon 15 February 2021, 10:43
sifongreyshark
Just call me: greyshark

Kyiv
Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiomneller7 View Post
As mentioned i am continuing my same topic thread in this old thread. So i am also looking for USB CNC Controller. From one source of information i got to know about GOWE 3Axis Offline Controller, it supports the FANUC with high universality to be compatible with the G code set. Moreover, the port of this controller is expandable.
Looks a good one but open to know more suggestions.
https://newker-cnc.en.alibaba.com/

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read