MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 26 February 2010, 05:52
normand blais
Just call me: Normand

montreal
Canada
Good work Anil .I think you should put some shellac or varnish on your carving before staining so the wood wont absorb all the stain at once .Then you could whipe the excess on the high part of the sculpture and the stain will remain in the crack and low spot .
Old Sun 28 February 2010, 10:48
aniljangra
Just call me: Anil #44

Delhi
India
Send a message via Skype™ to aniljangra
Some 3d cuts for this weekend, before anyone ask http://cnc3dart.narod.ru/free.html is where I got the files, I think this link is mentioned somewhere in the forum already

Total 7 Hours with 4mm ball nose in 25mm thick mdf with no roughing pass.

3d6.jpg
3d7.jpg
3d8.jpg
3d1.jpg
3d2.jpg
3d3.jpg
3d4.jpg
3d5.jpg

Still not sure about staining/finishing as these are cut just for fun and not to be used anywhere!!
Old Sun 28 February 2010, 11:23
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
beautiful - you are having fun with MM!
Old Mon 01 March 2010, 03:51
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Sure Irfan, Its fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by normand blais View Post
Good work Anil .I think you should put some shellac or varnish on your carving before staining so the wood wont absorb all the stain at once .Then you could whipe the excess on the high part of the sculpture and the stain will remain in the crack and low spot .
Normand, tried as you suggested but stainer seems to dry very quickly, I think there is something I am missing, may be not using the correct type of stainer.

I used sealer (as its called locally) and mixed some color powder to it. Last step I coated with a layer of PU clear-coat to give it shine.

horse-s.jpg
Old Mon 01 March 2010, 06:58
normand blais
Just call me: Normand

montreal
Canada
Hi Anil It look better ,try again with the dark stain .Apply a generous coat and whipe out the excess on the high spots ,it will leave reveal the detail with more contrast. Sinse it is already varnish the stain wont soak in where you dont want. Let dry and repeat until you are satisfied . Depending on the stain you use you might have to varnish again so it does not come off. I see some vertical lines are they from the design or glue up plank or missing step?
Old Mon 01 March 2010, 08:47
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Sure, It is going to take few tries

Those vertical lines are from applying clamps while machining was on the way , the material left after 3d machining was very little (may be 1 mm) and the as the cut progressed it started to wrap and lift up, I tried to correct it by applying additional clamps, not thinking of that these will leave marks on the end product
Old Wed 03 March 2010, 09:58
aniljangra

Delhi
India
More fun
puzzle1.jpg

Next logical step is to do something about dust, so planning to use my vac. For sure this weekend project !
Old Fri 05 March 2010, 03:11
dsingh82
Just call me: Singh

bhilwara(rajasthan)
India
hi anil
congrats for ur build, sorry i followed late.
Old Fri 05 March 2010, 09:38
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Thank you Singh, By the way whats you plan about building MM ? you started it yet or not ? If yes then I am waiting to see some shots of your build
Old Fri 05 March 2010, 14:30
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Another one :)

Oops, I said next is dust foot but kids wanted something to play !!
horse-puzzle.jpg
Old Fri 05 March 2010, 14:52
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Anil,

Very nice horse.
Old Sun 07 March 2010, 09:44
aniljangra

Delhi
India
DS works great :)

Thanks Nils

Moving to MM, could not complete dust foot today but flexible pipe and dust separator installed and it works great

I was amazed to see no dust in vac bag at all, all the dust collected in bucket ! so I just removed the filters from vac. I guess it will reduce the load on vac motor and I could be able to run the vac a bit longer.

Output from vac also routed to outside of room so even if there is a bit of dust it directly goes outside.

ds1.jpg
ds2.jpg
ds3.jpg
ds4.jpg
Old Sun 07 March 2010, 09:48
javeria

Bangalore
India
thats too good
Old Sun 07 March 2010, 19:01
padmanaabha
Just call me: Pady

Bangalore
India
Anil,
This is the height of using MM, Making lid for the Bucket????? with a separator???? All the creations are good. Be a machine designer. Do not become an end user. You will kill other competitors. . . Great Going Keep It Up. All the best for your next machine.
Old Mon 08 March 2010, 08:43
aniljangra

Delhi
India
There is nothing wrong with making lid with MM because that what MM is intended to do, cutting curves !!

There is not going to be NEXT machine as I have no space left for that, but for sure next thing is to do a rotary axis for MM and then convert my small metal lathe to CNC
Old Tue 09 March 2010, 22:19
padmanaabha
Just call me: Pady

Bangalore
India
Great thinking. Eager to see rotary axis on MM. I have seen one in the Wood India 2010 exhibition which concluded on Monday. All the best. This is what I meant by Machine designer. Just Keep Advancing.
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 03:44
jit
Just call me: jit

mumbai
India
hello anil ji.
where can we get gecko drives in india.
jit
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 10:01
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Hi Jit,
I don't think you can get Geckos in India, you need to import like others or like me you can go DIY route now and may be later get Gecko if you feel so
I am happy with my drives and don't feel need Geckos for now. If you feel I can be of any help, you can call me (965 444 3210)
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 10:38
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Can't you get Motion King in India?

Mike
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 10:53
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Mike, I don't know for sure but while talking to someone I was told that even if its available the price is going to be far more compared to getting it directly from MK even after factoring in the shipping/customs etc.

May be Irfan or other member from India using MK can tell better, I am going to ask him.
Old Sat 13 March 2010, 03:22
jit

mumbai
India
anil ji
what is the acurracy of your driver and how much it cost you in rs/- ,plz if u feel free can brief about the costing of full project of yours beautiful mechmate.(stepper+driver+bob+ps+fabrication+ software)

jit
Old Sat 20 March 2010, 22:37
jit

mumbai
India
sir,
plz share the further developments of your mm and some of the beautiful cuts
Old Wed 31 March 2010, 06:34
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Thanks Jit, PM'ed you.

As the MM seems functional now, I am trying to learn more about stepper and servo drives in order to make driver using descrete components that's not limited by 3A limit of LMD devices used in current drives.
Old Tue 22 June 2010, 04:07
aniljangra

Delhi
India
A little update :)

Polished and installed the divider screen, This is my first attempt in staining and polishing so nothing creative..
Old Wed 23 June 2010, 07:33
vishnu
Just call me: vishnu

Coimbatore(TN)
India
Thats cool. Keep going.
Old Wed 23 June 2010, 10:03
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Lovely!
Old Wed 23 June 2010, 21:55
javeria

Bangalore
India
Black and blue!
Old Thu 24 June 2010, 10:38
daniel1557
Just call me: Dany

Gujarat
India
Thumbs up Beautiful

Great Anil, Looks beautiful. good detailing.
Old Sun 03 July 2011, 10:53
aniljangra

Delhi
India
Just to say hello :)

Hello everyone, been busy and not able to follow, seems like there have been many numbers after me. Trying to catch up ...
Old Tue 05 March 2013, 08:27
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Anil, I think I was near your place over the weekend. I was in Gurgaon for business. How are things going?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read