MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 24 January 2008, 12:19
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
System stops, as if the E-stop has been pushed? - Change De-Bounce setting in Mach

It MOVES!!

but then it e-stops

JR, Sean is sending you in the right direction. There is interference which could be a bear to track down. . . . . .

Too few grounds, or too many grounds (both can be culprits). Easy to start checking for too many - disconnect some to see if the problem goes away.

Shielded cables must be grounded one end only (not both ends)

PMDX must not be grounded.

Try plugging computer into same, or different, circuit to the control box.

Shorten E-stop cables by disconnecting some buttons.

Check E-stop wires not inside the same shield as mains wires (E-stop buttons must have two separately shielded cables.
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 14:31
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
It air cut almost to the end of the roadrunner file before the e-stop kicked in It jogs over 8' in 5 sec. including ramping up and down, it's fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
It MOVES!!

but then it e-stops

JR, Sean is sending you in the right direction. There is interference which could be a bear to track down. . . . . .

Too few grounds, or too many grounds (both can be culprits). Easy to start checking for too many - disconnect some to see if the problem goes away.

Shielded cables must be grounded one end only (not both ends)

Cables are shielded at 1 end only.

PMDX must not be grounded.

Breakout board only grounded by power supply.

Try plugging computer into same, or different, circuit to the control box.

Shorten E-stop cables by disconnecting some buttons.

Check E-stop wires not inside the same shield as mains wires (E-stop buttons must have two separately shielded cables.
E-stop has it's own shielded wire.
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 14:54
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
CONGRATS J.R.!!!!!!!! I'm happy for you Bud.

You might consider disconnecting your e-stop circuit from the terminal strip and replace it with a 2 or 3 inch loop of wire so that the circuit is completed and the system will still run. Then cut for a while and see if it will quit on you. At least that way, maybe you can narrow the problem down to either the cable circuit or the control box.
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 16:36
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Thanks everyone it was only the debounce setting of 0, set it to 1000 as per Sean and the mach3 forum and it runs perfect.

Ran the roadrunner file 6 or 7 times without any problems whatsoever.

Thanks Doug, it IS music to your ears ............ really
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 17:51
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Now we're talking. I am glad it was a quick fix! Funny thing about that debounce setting. I often have to debounce all my proximity switches when programming to detect a vehicle on the track. Its really a guess sometimes. I am joyous for you and full of envy that I'm not done yet! Have a great night listening to the sounds of music. P

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read