MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 02 March 2017, 09:23
lukebarber
Just call me: Luke

Miami
United States of America
Read from Multiple Coils

I'm trying to read from multiple coils in a brain.

My Lenze VFD has the control bits in coils 0-15 and the spindle speed setting bits in coils 16-31.

http://www.actechdrives.com/PDF/Lenz...-StateLine.pdf

I can control and read from the VFD in the Modbus test screen. The VFD can be stopped by addressing just one bit in the control word but will not start using that method.

I imagine the value in the brain would be a decimal representation of the binary word, but I don't know how to break that up for sending to the individual coils in one action.

Any pointers on reading 16 consecutive coils and processing them as a 16bit word, and/or sending a 16bit word to 16 coils?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old Thu 02 March 2017, 12:04
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Maybe this thread can help

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...ght=techniques

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read