MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 05 February 2010, 04:08
kongblom
Just call me: Nikolaj

Copenhagen
Denmark
Finding a VFD to suit a 3kW spindle in Denmark

hey all.
Is there someone who can recommend a VFD to suit a 3kW spindel from China, I have abandoned the VFD (Huanyang HY02D223B) That i got with it. it is burnt off ..... :-) There were 2 of the 3 phases going in to the spindel that by accident crossed and then there was smoke coming from the VFD.
Old Fri 05 February 2010, 06:32
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Nikolaj, you are in Denmark, so it is difficult to recommend a VFD brand to you. Check with your local "shops" to see what they have. Don't tell them it is for a Chinese spindle, because that will make no sense to them. Any VFD that will drive standard 3-phase electrical motor will work. Tell them you want up to 400Hz frequency output. (that is 24 000 rpm) - some VFD's only go 300Hz (18 000 rpm)
Old Fri 05 February 2010, 07:25
kongblom
Just call me: Nikolaj

Copenhagen
Denmark
thanks a lot Gerald.....
Old Sun 07 February 2010, 06:16
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Ah smoked - that's why I like Delta's, a wire short on a delta gets it to fault - without any harm to the drive or motor.
Old Sun 07 February 2010, 06:24
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Nikolaj,
Care to share how your chinese VFD burnt? I'm in progress to commission mine, your experience would help me avoid making potential smoke.

PS, my project budget had over ran... by a big margin... My better half is suspicious of a mysterious mistress...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read