MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 08 December 2009, 08:45
blurrycustoms
Just call me: Alex

TN
United States of America
Claus,

No problem, let me try and clear the confusion.

In this picture:

You can see that the Bosch 1617EVS motor is mounted the in the top of the Avenger spindle. All you have to do is load your motor with our coupling (using either a 1/2" or 3/8" collet) and then drop your motor into the Avenger system, and tighten it down.

The Avenger system can accommodate nearly any round motor under 4.25" in diameter. This includes 80mm and 100mm Chinese water cooled motors.

Claus, yes, you can use your current 2.2kW spindle. Assuming it is a round motor with a 100mm or smaller diameter.

Let me know if this information helps, or if further explanation is required.

We will be posting video of the unit in action, and preferably before our pre-order deadline. Just bear with us as we put it together.
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 09:00
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Videos!!! I can't wait!! The price is looking better!! May I ask, why did you guys decide to use non industry standard tool holders instead of a BT30 or the like? Sorry, just had to ask.
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 09:08
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
After long hard discussions and analysis on the subject, we just couldn't get the BT holders to fit our design requirements, specifically space. So we bread an ISO/HSK hybrid tool holder.
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 10:43
liaoh75

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Alex, Thank you for the quick answer. I have a few more if you don't mind. Where does the air enter this thing and how is it triggered by Mach3? Any PDF manual yet? Can you post a picture of the test/development setup with it all connected to the air supply? Thanks!
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 10:59
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
David,

In the picture above, all hoses will enter through the slot on the front of the adapter. On the front of the unit, is a "terminal block" for hoses (not seen in picture above). From there, we will be supplying 10ft of hose that will run to the remote solenoid. The user will need to run the supply air to this solenoid, connected with an air hose with a 1/4" female QD.

The solenoid is powered via a 12v adapter (included) with leads that run to your control box, and leads that run to the switch on the spindle itself (for manual tool release). Mach control is the same as switching a relay on and off. If your breakout board output cannot handle 12v (.38A), you will need a NO relay.

Video, manual and pictures are in the works, will get it up here as soon as we can.
Old Fri 18 December 2009, 18:34
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Had a few poeple ask ing about the difference between the tool holders. The long toolholders provide an extra 1" of reach.

Old Wed 06 January 2010, 20:04
Travish
Just call me: Travis #75

Wa
United States of America
Hi Alex,

How's the new spindles going? Any video's yet of your progress? Looking forward to the developement.
Old Sat 09 January 2010, 18:16
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Videos, and pics are coming together, and we will get them up as soon as possible.

We did have the preorder deadline set at the end of last week, but will be pushing it until after we have some video up!
Old Sat 09 January 2010, 18:22
jessyjames
Just call me: James

Reno, Nevada
United States of America
Whatever software you are utilizing for these 3d images is pretty amazing. I guess I best hit the books and find out what it is... Great job

James
Old Sun 07 February 2010, 20:33
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
Any Vids yet? Any pics or the real thing?
Old Thu 11 February 2010, 21:30
liaoh75

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Alex,
I was wondering if you guys have finished the demo video that shows us salivating Mechmate builders whats on offer with your avenger ATC. If you guys are shipping in January, certainly a promotional video would help seal the deal for me and probably a number of builders here. Waiting, waiting, waiting.....
Old Thu 11 February 2010, 22:03
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
My apologies for not updating this thread we have been very swamped getting caught up with these spindle.

This update should have been provided awhile ago.

Quote:
"It is true that this product has been delayed, and we are doing everything in our power to minimize the delay. Those who have pre-ordered have, of course, been notified, and have been very gracious with their patience. We would not expect anyone to feel they had to place an order without first seeing videos and pictures, which we will continue to work diligently to provide as soon as possible."
Please bear with us as we make sure everything is in order for this great new product.
Old Sun 14 February 2010, 09:45
liaoh75

Taibao
Taiwan
Thank you for your answer. I have great respect for a company that makes sure things are done right before releasing a product. I (or should I say "we") patiently await your video/pictures.
Old Wed 10 March 2010, 20:01
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Any news on this yet?
Old Mon 29 March 2010, 15:54
zigmart
Just call me: John #112

Phoenix, AZ
United States of America
Any news or reviews on this item yet?
Old Wed 31 March 2010, 09:30
liaoh75

Taibao
Taiwan
I'll second that question. I think there must be some serious delays as it is being discussed on CNCzone as well. If I were to venture a guess as to what the delay would be about, I'd say it has something to do with the coupling of the router/spindle to the drive train.

This design is definitely unique, but if the motor shaft of the router/spindle isn't perfectly in line with the shaft of assembly (very difficult to achieve such a perfect alignment), say good bye to your bearings in short order.

I'm am on the hunt for an auto tool change solution. After showing a few spindle Manufactures that make belt driven units the pictures, they all mentioned this as their first comment after I told them what the pictures were. I found a belt driven version that is cheaper but won't fit into the Mechmate design as the motor (any high speed 3phase motor that is inverter driven) has to be next to the tool changer. You could pull it off if you add a second Y-motor to compensate for the mass and move the spider plate to the rear of the cavity it sits in. But, you lose the space for dust collection hose. Decisions, Decisions
Old Wed 31 March 2010, 09:55
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Hey all,

We have been fighting the urge to post here, but I do owe you all some news on the Avenger system.

I have refrained from posting any news, videos and pictures until we have smoothed our production delays, and gotten some of these pre-orders up and running. I will, of course, admit that our initial announcement was premature, but we don't want to repeat the mistake by posting more news and videos before we have our delays worked out.

In regard to the coupling system, it was an interesting engineering challenge, but it is one that we feel we have found a solid solution for. More details will be provided for those curious, upon our "official release".

Thank you all for your interest and patience.
Old Wed 31 March 2010, 22:44
liaoh75

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Alex,

I'd be happy to see just a simple prototype video that shows that this thing actually works and can take the load of a 50mm cutter surfacing the spoil board, change to a 5mm endmill for drilling, and then, changing over to a 12mm compression spiral for cutting out sheets of 18mm sheet stock. I ready for a tool changer and will be buying one in the next three to four months hopefully.

Do you have a ball park estimate as to when such "production delays" will be sorted out? Do you need an OEM? I have a lot of good contacts in Taiwan and China as well if you are interested.

No rush, just a customer looking for a solution that you may be able to provide.

Thanks
Old Tue 13 April 2010, 10:34
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Just giving this a bump. Any news on this? If it really works and is in production I would be interested. So far, looks like a good idea that didn't really work out.

Dave
Old Sun 18 April 2010, 08:10
Kenrbass
Just call me: Ken

Richmond Tx
United States of America
I found this place doing a retro tool change system on a porter cable router.
It looks interesting.

http://www.midwestrapidtool.com/

Has anybody tried one?

Kenneth
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 09:06
Allegheny
Just call me: Brian

Massachusetts
United States of America
There was someone that had tried this system out - maybe on the ShopBot forum or CNC-Zone? Don't remember.

Anyway, if you're going to spend $3k, why not just get a spindle and be done with it? Using this system, you would still be limited by the cheap bearings/housings of a PC router as well as an underpowered "3" hp universal motor. The whole concept just doesn't make sense to me.

Just my $0.02

Brian
Taxachusetts
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 09:31
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
The whole idea here was the automatic tool changer. I don't think you can get a spindle with atc for $3K?
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 10:44
dragonfinder1

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Well you could if this thing worked.
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 11:01
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Yeah, thats what I meant.
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 19:06
chrisd7306
Just call me: Chris

Melbourne
Australia
Have a read of reply #32 of this thread.
Old Mon 19 April 2010, 19:16
dragonfinder1

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
I've seen it. The 2 hp spindle and this changer is what I'm interested in.

Last edited by dragonfinder1; Mon 19 April 2010 at 19:25..
Old Wed 19 May 2010, 21:19
Mike597
Just call me: Mike

California
United States of America
Giving this a bump, anyone hear anything? I've been reading through the forums for a couple months now and started gathering parts for my build.
Old Thu 20 May 2010, 07:01
Hans
Just call me: Hans

Haarlem
Netherlands
Send a message via Skype™ to Hans
I recieved the mounting brackets and the Spindle holder today in The Netherlands.
Now I can mount my watercooled spindle and later the toolchanger.

What I got is very nice alu. CNC work.
So the rest will be comming soon . . . .

Hans
Old Sun 23 May 2010, 21:54
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
Just a matter of time before the men in CHINA will come out with a really cost effective ATC. If they can build cheap spindles, an ATC cant be far away. I just hope they don't copy Blurry's and give him some space to sell his unit.
Old Mon 24 May 2010, 19:43
Travish
Just call me: Travis #75

Wa
United States of America
Not to threadjack the thread, but I think the cheapest out there for an atc spindle is between $3700-$4700 plus a vfd and wires from Keiling.

http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCSpindleandController.html

I have not see anyone using these chinese atc units yet. I'm curious how well they work.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read