MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 19 January 2010, 04:24
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Makita Router Bracket

I thought about replacing the Ryobi on my MM as it did what I wanted it to do and the bearings don`t sound that nice anymore.I had a Makita that was lying around so intead of servicing the Ryobi I thought I woud use the Makita.The first pic is of the Makita on its way where I could not use the guarantee anymore.5.jpg
I used aluminium to cut the base of the new bracket and this as before I took the Ryobi of.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
There is just enough space for the Makita to move up and down without hitting anything
4.jpg
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 16:39
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Hennie,

I think the Makita is a better choice for a router.
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 20:53
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Nils, the ryobi did some good service, but o so noisy and the back up service for spares are not that good.I would probably service it and use it for something else.
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 22:30
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
I am getting close to sorting my Makita brkt out as well. I was going to do it the way that the original MM brkt was made.
I like your idea. I don't think you will get any vibration from that set up.
Are you still going to use the plunge action? To work with the dust foot?
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 22:38
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Remember to divert the router's exhaust air away from the cutting action if you want a lot cleaner workshop (and lungs).
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 23:04
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Johan I will post later what I have done with the plunge action,no I am not going to use the plunge action anymore.I had to shorten the shafts that goes inside the router to let it go down as far as possable.I still needs to put split pins on the base that goes through the safts as they are predrilled for the base of the original router base but thats later.Gerald I am using a lid of an 2 lt icecream bucket looks tacky but it works perfectly and is easy to remove.
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 23:48
Jan de Ruyter
Just call me: Jan

Pretoria
South Africa
Ryobi Service Agents: 0118055540, they are in 16th Avenue, Midrand. Used them before, service was good but the product is really meant for small scale handyman who cannot afford expensive tools.
Old Wed 20 January 2010, 00:38
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Thanks Jan, compare the price of a Makita and a ryobi industrial machine and get a surprise,Ryobi is not that cheap anymore.
Old Wed 20 January 2010, 03:50
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
The Makita is a better machine. I bet if you check the shaft runout on the Ryobi over that of the Makita there will be a big difference. The Makita will have less runout. Also the Makita will be quieter.
Old Wed 20 January 2010, 04:43
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Ya, Makita is my all time favorite router, its robust, accurate & reliable.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read