MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 21 March 2019, 16:34
lukebarber
Just call me: Luke

Miami
United States of America
Spindle Frequency?

I bought and installed a new 1.5hp water-cooled spindle with an inverter to run it. Inverter is esv112n02yxb . Now whenever I switch the spindle on, it triggers my limit switches (in Mach3) and I can only reset it when the spindle is not running. Would adding a line reactor to the inverter help? Spindle and limit switch wiring is all shielded and properly grounded.

I'm virtually at a standstill. Any help?
Old Sat 23 March 2019, 04:51
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
What breakout board are you using ? is it optoisolated?

If it is isolated I would first try to connect the PC to the mains with small line filter.

also check if everything is properly grounded , if the vfd has internal emc filter try disconnecting it , this was known to make me problems with control techniques vdf
Old Sat 23 March 2019, 18:36
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
I had to put the VFD on a separate earth to
the computer and machine.
Hope this helps.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read