MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Golden Resources
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 15 March 2012, 17:37
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Speed conversion table

I don't know whether other people have the same issues I do with cutting speeds in posts and on software screens. It probably has something to do with being a newbie, but I struggle when a single piece of software has both mm/s and mm/min on different screens, and then posts on websites have ipm and ft/min. Anyway, I found it necessary to build a conversion table because I could not find one ready made. Hope it's useful.
The yellow shading is the region I use for cutting EPS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed_conversion.jpg (90.8 KB, 345 views)
Old Fri 16 March 2012, 11:14
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Thanks Red, that sure helps especially when dealing with antiquated measurements based on the lengths of Royal digits and other various body parts
Old Fri 16 March 2012, 11:22
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Personally, I like to use cutting feed speeds of around 300 furlongs per fortnight.
Old Fri 16 March 2012, 15:30
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Brad, I dont think normal steppers will get you there, you may have to use warp drives.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read