MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Profiled (laser cut) & bent steel plate
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 23 January 2008, 18:55
cobra427mnsi
Just call me: Paul

Leamington, Ontario
Canada
Heath, I don't know how long it will take. I gave him the go ahead today , Wednesday. He said he would call me when they were finished. I hope within a week. The auto industry is a little slow right now in Windsor so I am hoping that the laser is available. Actually, I was in his shop three weeks ago and they had three large cnc laser cutters. Only one was doing any work when I was there.

Paul
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 21:40
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427mnsi View Post
. . . a shop in my home town that said he could do the bending for $65.00 per hour. I ordered the laser parts and will have to see how much the final bending price is. I can't see it taking more than an hour to make around 24 bends.
Suggest you mark the bending lines onto the plates, on the inside of the bend only. Also write the angle of bend onto the plate. Reduces time & mistakes.
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 04:15
cobra427mnsi
Just call me: Paul

Leamington, Ontario
Canada
Gerald

That is an excellent idea! Thanks

Paul
Old Thu 24 January 2008, 07:35
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Gerald,
Great idea. It sounds like you have been there before?
Old Sun 13 April 2008, 10:15
melissa
Just call me: Melissa #83

Brighton (Ontario)
Canada
Hello,

My first post here, so I should introduce myself . My name's Michel (note the French spelling, though I'm of Dutch origin...), I'm located just outside the Toronto area in Canada. I should caution Gerald that I can mostly follow the Afrikaans, it's phonetically close to Dutch .

I was wondering if there's been any progress on the group buy for laser-cut parts in Canada? I'm not in a great hurry to build, but I'm starting to spec out parts and such.

Michel
Old Sun 13 April 2008, 19:20
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Michel,
Actually, I just ordered a few sets of parts. Most of the guys in Canada have found their own suppliers closer to them. Drop me an email and I can get back to you when they are in ( and I see how they turned out) and if you are interested I can get you a set.
Old Sun 25 May 2008, 09:57
WFY
Just call me: Buzz #60

Pembroke, Ontario
Canada
Heath,
Are you able to get these parts fabricated? I am up in Pembroke and am interested in building a MechMate 5' x 10' for cabinet work.
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 15:12
sevendale
Just call me: Rob

Statesboro
United States of America
More parts

Hi. I just joined in and will need a set of laser cut parts for a 4'x8' Mamba. I'm in Georgia. Anyone gotten that $420 plus shipping number beat? And are those numbers still good on May 25th?
Thanks
Rob
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 15:28
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
If you are in the states you should be looking at this post

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604

I have gotten my first lot of laser cut parts but they are all spoken for at this time. They are going to the bender this week. The next set will be higher as steel is going up all the time lately. I will have to get a new quote from the cutter when I am ready to order the next batch.
Old Tue 03 June 2008, 12:33
Caribow
Just call me: Abe

Morden
Canada
Domino
I'm in Manitoba and was wondering if and when new parts would be ready?What will the new pricing be?
Abe
Old Thu 17 July 2008, 12:41
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Got all my parts back from the bender and they look great. The parts I have now are already spoken for, but I was wondering if there are still any people that are interested in a set. If there is sufficient interest, I will get current pricing on the steel and let you know.
Old Thu 17 July 2008, 13:22
paco
Just call me: Paco

Québec
Canada
I'm still interested but I can't make purchase promises at this time... just want to be kept update on this.

Thanks!
Old Thu 17 July 2008, 13:41
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Hi Heath
I would very much be interested in a set depending on the shipping cost to the United Arab Emirates, could you please be so kind to weigh a set and let me know how much it weigh, I have a friend in Ottawa at this moment so maybe I could arrange the parcel via him.
Much appreciated
Old Thu 17 July 2008, 22:22
melissa
Just call me: Melissa #83

Brighton (Ontario)
Canada
Hi Heath,

I'm definitely interested in a set. I was wondering how the first batch came out -- I'm glad they look good!

Michel
Old Fri 18 July 2008, 00:00
HomeMadeCnc
Just call me: Tim

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
I'd be interested in a set. Only concern is shipping cost to Calgary.
Thanks,
Tim
Old Fri 18 July 2008, 04:25
WFY
Just call me: Buzz #60

Pembroke, Ontario
Canada
I am still interested so keep me on the list.
Old Fri 18 July 2008, 08:25
Caribow
Just call me: Abe

Morden
Canada
Hi Heath
I have a set paid and spoken for already. But thanks. Abe
Old Fri 18 July 2008, 08:55
acssgt01
Just call me: Rob

Trenton (Ontario)
Canada
Hi Heath
I'd be interested depending on price, keep me in mind when you get the details.

Rob
Old Sat 19 July 2008, 02:47
dakmonf
Just call me: dakmon

Alberta
Canada
Heath;

I would like to be included on you list as well. Is there any possibility of having you post some pics. of the product.

Thanks.
Old Sun 20 July 2008, 10:06
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hi guys,
My laser cutter is requoting the parts as we speak, as steel has gone up quite a bit as well as shipping etc due to fuel costs. I should have a requote this week and will post results. I will try to take a few pictures of the set I got this week as well for all to see what it looks like.
Old Thu 31 July 2008, 21:10
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay in this, on holidays till the 5th of Aug. I will have the new quote when I return to work then. Will have an update for all that are interested that week. Pm me if you have more specific questions.
Old Tue 05 August 2008, 22:41
DJB
Just call me: Dan

Norwood, Ontario
Canada
Try getting a quote from www.ontariolasercutting.com I use them and they always have the cheapest price. They are in Tillsonburg Ontario.
Old Wed 06 August 2008, 18:44
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hi All,
I just got my quote from the laser cutter. If there is anyone still wanting in on a possible next set, pm me and I will give out the price. Seems like steel is going up all the time. My cutter says he cant hold the price for even 30 days anymore. So let me know asap so we can get an order in if it works for you.
Old Sun 10 August 2008, 21:16
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Here is a pic of the parts I got cut. The spider plate is not in the photo but is included. I forgot it on the bench. Just in case anyone still wants to see what they look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parts Small Size 25.JPG (66.4 KB, 897 views)

Last edited by domino11; Sun 10 August 2008 at 21:19..
Old Mon 11 August 2008, 10:38
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I think I have contacted all that have asked to be in on the next set. If anyone else is interested contact me soon. If you sent me an email or pm and I havent replied contact me again. As soon as I receive payment from those interested I will be ordering, hopefully in a week or two.
thanks
Old Thu 21 August 2008, 13:59
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hi all,
I now have 4 confirmed (read paid) people for the next batch of parts. If anyone is wishing to get in on this order please contact me asap. I will be placing the order early next week. We would need at least 3 committed people to do another order.

thanks
Old Mon 01 September 2008, 17:32
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Update,
Order has gone in to the laser cutter and parts are in queue for cutting. I have an extra set at the moment on order if anyone is interested, just send me a pm and let me know. I added the extra set as the price seems to keep creeping up. Wont be long for parts now.
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 14:48
frencala
Just call me: Al

Udora
Canada
Hello Heath,
I might be interested in that last set if it is still available. Am brand new to CNC and have pretty much concluded that MM is the best way to go for me, i.e., best value for the money. However, am continuing to look at all options.
I am located in Ontario just east of Toronto not more than 2 1/2 hours from you.
Thanks,
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 18:27
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Abe,
Sent you a pm.
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 18:36
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Anyone else sitting on the fence for laser cut parts in Canada? Let me know as I am quoting for a new batch now. I dont have funds to keep lots of stock so let me know.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read