MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 11 January 2010, 00:05
sprayhead
Just call me: Francis

sydney
Australia
Hi Matt

I am in Sydney, I'm after a 40volts 600VA toroidal transformer or like you, 2x 300VA... Can tell me where you found yours? and also what kind of outputs it has.

I found this on ebay but I am not sure if they are suitable:

Toroidal 300VA, 40-0-40Vac

It is centre tap 40-0-40 output. There are two modes of connection.

Mode A (Series for Double Volts)
3.3 amps

Mode B (Parallel for Double Current)
6.6 amps

thanks,
Francis

by the way, I bought the motors from MS they look great. http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2214
Old Tue 19 January 2010, 05:12
MattyZee
Just call me: Matt

Adelaide
Australia
Hey Francis,
Sorry, not sure how i missed your post. I bought my transformers from Altronics. http://www.altronics.com.au/index.as...=item&id=M5535
I'm no expert in transformer wiring, but I didn't think a centre tap winding will be sufficient. When you parallel the windings you need to connect the two starts and two ends of the windings, but thats not possible on a centre tap as the start/end the two windings are connected.
Good to hear your happy with your motors. Can't believe you're using such are large module rack!
Old Thu 21 January 2010, 14:12
gmcclure
Just call me: Graeme

Geelong
Australia
Question on Drive reduction

Hi Matt,

Love the look of you stepper belt drive, How is it preforming? How smooth a radius cut are you getting with 2.4 : 1. Any change you would make with hind sight? Do you have drawings for the plate parts that you are preparded to share.

Tanking you in advance

Graeme
Old Wed 27 January 2010, 18:42
gmcclure
Just call me: Graeme

Geelong
Australia
HI Again

Hi Matt,

sorry about all the questions, Could you indicate details of the stepper motors you are using? How are they going for you? About at the stage to order stepper motors. Looking at MotionKing 34HS9801 however should consider suitable steppers from another source.

Any comments on source, part number approx. cost, delivery issues?

Feeling godd bearings arrived this morning. steel parts are cutout but not bent yet.

thanks

Graeme
Old Wed 17 February 2010, 05:18
MattyZee
Just call me: Matt

Adelaide
Australia
Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyZee View Post
I still want to implement RS-485/MODBUS control of the spindle so that might open another can of worms. I'll let you know how it goes.
For those that are interested, i have finished writing a plugin for Mach3 to control the VFD via RS-485. I have posted it on the Mach3 forum here. I have been using it for the last few weeks without any issues so i hope it works for everyone else.
Old Wed 17 February 2010, 06:22
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
congrats Matt !
Old Wed 17 February 2010, 08:03
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Great, I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it works.
Old Thu 18 February 2010, 03:24
skippy
Just call me: Paul #72

Queensland
Australia
Thank for that Matt, our USB to RS-485 converter's should be here any day now. And when feeling better I can finish wiring up the BOB's and everything else I can build the coolant flow sensor circuit.

And I forgot to say feed the fly pigs. (I got a lot to do)
Old Sun 06 March 2011, 01:42
southernduckie
Just call me: Andrew (Duckie)

new south wales
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyZee View Post
Lasercut parts: $436 (incl GST) (~US$305)
V-wheels & Bushes: $360 (US$242.20 @ 0.67 converison) incl shipping from US
Steel (Everything except the X rail angle & cross bearers): $710 (~US$497)
Rack & Pinions (3x 2m lengths & 4x 25T pinions): $340 (~US$238)
Matt could you advise your supplier of the rack and pinions im having problems finding some at a good price.

Regards Andrew.
Old Sun 06 March 2011, 04:05
shaper
Just call me: Jed

Perth, WA
Australia
Believe linear bearings do rack and pinion not sure if you've been in cotact with them or the price but they sell in 2m lengths, have offices in most states

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read