MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Tue 03 February 2009, 11:19
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
How to do Signs Lessons

MechMaters

Joe Crumley from the ShopBot forum is a long time sign maker. He is going to be giving a course on sign layout and design.

Here is the forum were that will be taking place.

http://beckwithdecor.com/forum/index.php

You must register to use the fourm and you can not use alias. So you have to use some form of your name.

As of today, he has not uploaded any content.
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 11:38
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Joe Crumley used a ShopBot to cut many of these "dimensional" signs into HD polyurethane foam at Norman Sign Company. Joe is a legend, active on many forums, and the most helpful and sharing person that walked this earth. . . .
Click on that link to see that Joe knows what he is talking about
Old Tue 03 February 2009, 12:49
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I have seen many posts by Joe and he certainly knows his stuff. I will be checking out your link with interest, thanks Nils.
Old Thu 05 February 2009, 10:07
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Just got this:

This email is going out to all current registered members of the CNC Bucket forum sponsored by Beckwith Décor Products.

This board has been set up as a professional forum for professionals and newcomers who whish to learn & share information relating to CNC Routers their associated software, industry and techniques.

Due to certain individuals actions in use of this forum we have made the following policy change.

To participate on this forum you are required to register by your full given name and list your City & State. No Alias Names Accepted.

Names must be clearly legible with spaces and not run together, initials with dashes and underscores are no longer accepted
All future registrations will now need to be approved by Admin or their assigned staff.

For those already registered who’s profile falls outside the updated registration requirement, you have until 7pm Friday February 6, 2009 (US central time) to make corrections to your profile or your account will be deleted and you will need to go through the registration process again if you wish to use this forum.
If you need help with profile changes email admin listing your changes needed.

We apologize for the inconvenience but in our haste to open up the forum for the upcoming projects we failed to recognize that there were those non-professional people within the cnc community that would waylay our best intensions.

I hope you understand our actions and enjoy the forum as it grows

Regards,

Admin
CNC Bucket

My reply was:

Please remove Gerald_D from your member list as I simply do not use my full names on open forums.

Thank you

Gerald
Old Thu 05 February 2009, 10:40
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I agree with you. Today, you have to be careful about your name. I sent an email to the admin of the forum how I felt also. I don't have a problem with them know my name but the world doesn't.
Old Thu 05 February 2009, 10:50
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Nils, we must be "those non-professional people within the cnc community that would waylay our best intensions"

Our interest in joining that forum was to hear Joe Crumley speak. That pompous message was definitely not from Joe.
Old Thu 05 February 2009, 11:03
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Yea, some of us hear the beat of a different drum. It is hard for us to follow the leader because the leader usually doesn't know what he is talking about. Any way, I would like to participate but I like my security more. I might send a note to Joe.
Old Thu 05 February 2009, 16:51
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Hey aren't you the leader here . I hope you know what youre talkin about .... or we are all in trouble

I do agree that real names in the clear is a No No ... Take that from a 20 plus year computer engineer.

Last edited by MetalHead; Thu 05 February 2009 at 17:01..
Old Fri 06 February 2009, 03:17
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Mike,

The only suggestion I have as pseudo leader is to go to the forum and participate by reading. You won't be able to ask questions or send in your stuff. I want the knowledge so I am going to give it a try.
Old Fri 06 February 2009, 03:45
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfl View Post
Gerald,

I agree with you. Today, you have to be careful about your name. I sent an email to the admin of the forum how I felt also. I don't have a problem with them know my name but the world doesn't.
Thats a silly requirement, but in the same way its not safe to use your name online, its very difficult to probe a name to be fake, so if you are really interested in asking questions, make yourself a plausible nickname.

For example, I once used my second name (the E in PEU) and my mother lastname (is not in my IDs) to avoid using my name, nobody knew who I really was.

John Doe won't cut it thou...
Old Fri 06 February 2009, 04:03
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Guys, I would never suggest that you have to tell lies when you join a forum! . I mean, I try to run one myself.

Let's not use this forum to break the rules on another forum.

This thread has already served the purpose of informing about Joe's plans to teach, and the restrictions if you want to learn. So I will close this thread now.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read