MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 12 April 2021, 11:16
oddname
Just call me: frallan #57

skane
Sweden
#57 and future plans.

#57 here. Finished my machine in April 2010 and its been serving me well.
But after many programs and project Ive finally come to the conclusion that my
2750x1630mm will be cut down to maybe tops 1500x1630.

Never really used full area and I would like to fit more items on the same space. Plus im giving it a table conversion to be able to use coolant without having to replace spoilbords everyt so often.

Idea is to add a new pair of legs aprox where the cut will be, then just cut it down and dragging the scrap out cut down into smaller pieces. the rest of the machine will self-support due to having the new leg added.

So in short, shorten the machine. Anyone have a similar rebuild to share, pictures etc?
Old Wed 28 April 2021, 06:34
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Hi.

You can use the mid table for wood and the another mid table for plasma cutter.
A head conversion is needed but nothin complicated.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read