MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 09 September 2010, 12:31
renraku
Just call me: renraku

rome
Italy
how to assign gecko driver to motors?

how to assign driver to motors? for example, what is of the gecko driver for axis's Z ? Thanks
Old Thu 09 September 2010, 14:00
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
The gecko drives are assigned in Mach 3 under the Ports and Pins menu
The PMDX manual has the mapping for your J1 thru J4 ports and pins.

Is that what you are asking?

Mine is set up this way (this procedure borrowed from Mike Richards originally) :

Here's the way that I have Mach 3 configured for my G203 stepper drivers:

X-axis enabled (GREEN Check Mark), Step = pin 3, Direction = pin 2, Step Active Low = RED X, Dir Active Low = RED X

Y-axis enabled (GREEN Check Mark), Step = pin 5, Direction = pin 4, Step Active Low = RED X, Dir Active Low = RED X

Z-axis enabled (GREEN Check Mark), Step = pin 7, Direction = pin 6, Step Active Low = RED X, Dir Active Low = RED X
A-axis enabled (GREEN Check Mark), Step = pin 9, Direction = pin 8, Step Active Low = RED X, Dir Active Low = RED X

Slave Axis: A is slaved to X

On the PMDX-122:

JP1 is set with the jumper on the bottom (between GND and the center pin)
JP2, JP4, JP5 are all jumpered with the jumper on the top two pins (closest to the cable connector)
JP3 is jumpered with the jumper on the top two pins (away from the green connector)

A 12V power supply is plugged into J11

NOTE: The L.E.D.s for pins 2, 4, 6, 8 will be ON when the steppers are turning one directions and OFF when the steppers are turning the other direction. The L.E.D.s for pins 3,5,7,9 may be ON or OFF depending on the status of the step pulse, but those L.E.D.s should flicker ON/OFF when the motors are turning.

With a multi-meter, check your wiring between the problem G203's Step, Direction, and Common pins and the PMDX-122's Step, Direction, and Common pins to verify that resistance readings between connection pins shows zero resistance (with the power off!).

Last edited by smreish; Thu 09 September 2010 at 14:05..
Old Fri 10 September 2010, 03:26
renraku
Just call me: renraku

rome
Italy
Yes is it, thanks so much.
Old Sun 12 September 2010, 15:48
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Renraku,
I downloaded a configuration file from PMDX for the PMDX-125/Geckos. Just save it and point Mach3 to it and most settings come out right (but you have to manually slave the 4th motor (A axis) to the x-axis as Sean described).
Red

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read