MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 25 May 2008, 12:14
timcooijmans
Just call me: Tim

-
Netherlands
TimCooijmans his CNC - Netherlands

Here I will be logging my project about my CNC.

I will start with converting the drawings into SolidWorks (3d drawings) and after that building one myself...
Old Sun 25 May 2008, 12:16
timcooijmans

-
Netherlands
Gerald,

Can you give me the dimension of the SpiderPlate? I sketched it in SolidWorks but I come up 4mm too short (192mm vs minimum of 196mm)
My height is 28.45mm, the width is correct (203mm)
Old Sun 25 May 2008, 20:21
dmoore
Just call me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcooijmans View Post
I will start with converting the drawings into SolidWorks (3d drawings) and after that building one myself...
Here is a full 3D model of the MechMate:
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183

For myself, I printed all the drawings in 11x17 and then printed all the photos from the build logs. Then when I was building and ran into an issue, I often found that someone had answered the question on the forum.
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 00:25
timcooijmans

-
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
Here is a full 3D model of the MechMate:
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183

For myself, I printed all the drawings in 11x17 and then printed all the photos from the build logs. Then when I was building and ran into an issue, I often found that someone had answered the question on the forum.
I did see that 3d model of MechMate, however it's build with sketch-up, which isn't made for developing stuff. With SolidWorks I can simulate bend-metal and adjust it (ie adding holes etc) That's why I posed the question about the height of the spiderplate. When building it in SolidWorks I missed some mm's.
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 01:27
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
I can help you model a few components if you want. let me know

email me irfanulla(at)gmail(dot)com
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 13:02
turnerseng
Just call me: andy

PMB
South Africa
SW

I get 190 for that part.
What did I do wrong?
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 14:14
timcooijmans

-
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerseng View Post
I get 190 for that part.
What did I do wrong?
Did you do it in SolidWorks aswell? Check your bend radius and bend type. I'm awaiting a reply of Gerald (or somebody else who want's to measure) to confirm some measurements with the real machine...
Old Mon 26 May 2008, 19:50
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Hi Tim,
I’ve done what you hopping to accomplish in SolidWorks, except I’ve used Inventor. Different software I’m certain you know of, same approach. Simply use the supplied DXF files, import those as your basic 2d sketch, constraint it and then modulate it to specs in 3D( at first stick to what’s plan )
For the parts w/bends, you’ll have to adjust the Kfactor ( the bend/stretch factors) to match Gerald’s specs by trial & error. Not to worry about “weird” values, the bent/laser place will work only with your finals sizes-specs. Do not give them those "weird" K-Factors since they will adjust them to accordance with their own specific bending needs.

As for the Spider (#10 40 432), it is design in a matter that once bent to spec (see p85 - #10 40 432BB) it should be narrower then the allowed space for it on the Y-car ( between those #10 30 455 P ). This is, because some shims should be there (between the Y-Car & the spider) to have a perfect fit without stressing the spider & it’s bends, witch if ever it is stress by pressured in, it will throw it out of alignment w/those Dual-Vee bearings !!!
I know there is a thread on this fit subject, just could not find it to leed you to it, but never the less, not to worry about it at your first 3D trial, after you’ve modulate & assemble all you gantry parts, you make you own adjustment to size it.

Hope this can help, Amicalement Robert
Old Thu 05 June 2008, 06:19
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Tim

This thread may answer your questions for the time being:

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438

What part of the Netherlands do you live in?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read