MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Wed 23 January 2013, 05:32
jeep534
Just call me: archie

prichard, wv
United States of America
Smile New old member from huntington WV wondering who is the closest to me

My profile says I have been a member since 2008 I have a set of older downloaded plans that I printed out and I am "in the scoping out and gathering mode" and would like to make contact with whoever is within driving distance of Huntington WV My plans are to make a 5X9 plasma table with Belt drives using a Geko drive kit from here https://www.finelineautomation.com/store/show/EL-0013, torch height control from here http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/prod...roducts_id=339 and a hypertherm 45 plasma cutter plus a water table. I am not sure where to source all of the bits racks and pinions, springs,and bearings ect.....
I have a full machine shop at home with small industrial machines I plan to cut the V ways on my K&T horizantal mill and maybe offer some for sale depending on how much time and PITA it proves to be.

deep breath here we go i am finally pulling the trigger

Happy Hunting
archie =) =) =)
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 09:32
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I think I can beat that price for you with better parts over all. The switching powersupply is not needed in our builds. If you let me price this for you , I may even be able to include the controll box kit I sell and keet you in the same price range.
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 09:33
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Also - I love that THC - good choice.
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 11:50
jeep534

prichard, wv
United States of America
stepper question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
I think I can beat that price for you with better parts over all. The switching powersupply is not needed in our builds. If you let me price this for you , I may even be able to include the controll box kit I sell and keet you in the same price range.
Mike,
I am assuming the G540 and associated steppers is too light for this type of machine even with belt drives.
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 13:39
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Read here

Note that the kit from the supplier above will not work; that's a NEMA23 kit.
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 14:25
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Brad the EL-0013 is a 34 kit actually. But the motors are overkill.

640 oz in has proven itself in our design especially with belt drive setups.

As far as the 540 - If you can get NEMA 34 motors that work at the current load of 3.5 Amps you should be fine. Usually this will be a smaller "Oz in" motor that you then multiply back up using belt drives.

But the sweet spot that I find for price point vs function is the Gecko 203V, PMDX-126, PMDX-133, 4 NEMA 34 Motors 640oz in and an unregulated PS to match the motors with no extra power outputs. This is very "plug and play" type setup.

I am testing a new set of motors now and a new PS that is a 4 wire / 6amp setup. For some reason the supplier is not stocking the 8 wire motor at this point.

My main point to my reply was that my kits should give you mare pieces to work with for the money.....maybe mine is to cheap !!!
Old Wed 23 January 2013, 19:48
jeep534

prichard, wv
United States of America
This is what led me there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLRdYzMwJSU
what attracted me was one package everything figured out cables wired ect. I understand that this setup probably will not be large enough to drive a a full size gantry. I was really looking for someone close. for some reason I have not been able to find anyone close running mach3 much less has a mechmate.

Happy Hunting
archie =) =) =)
Old Sun 27 January 2013, 09:02
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
Not very close, 500 miles from me.
Old Fri 01 February 2013, 04:37
jeep534

prichard, wv
United States of America
pete in pennsylvania

Pete

I travel quite a bit and don't always know where I am going to be. you never know.

archie =) =) =)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts