Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old Tue 22 May 2007, 12:14
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
How I use this new forum (adapting from the older version)

This new forum is causing me a lot of re-adjustment, and I am slowly getting comfortable with it. Not quite there yet . This is the entry procedure I have adopted:

1. Made the viewing screen narrower. The old forum had a column down the left with User information and the actual paragraphs of info did not stretch right across the screen. The paragraphs in the new forum were too wide - so I made the screen narrower.

2. When logging in used the "Remember Me" option so that I don't have the hassle of logging in again. 99% of the people on the old forum stayed "remembered" without problems (I hope).

3. Set the bookmark on the "New Posts"(Changed mind since - see below). (right-click on "new posts" and then "Add to Favourites"). This is the default entry point now:
Clipboard01.jpg

4. If threads with new posts are listed there (in bold), then click on the "First new post" buttons to see the new posts since last visit:
Clipboard04.jpg

5. If I havn't read all the new posts since using my bookmark, I might see a screen like the following. Only the bold one, the only one with the little "First new post" button, is what I have to read. The others I've read already:
Clipboard05.jpg

6. During all my experimenting, I sometimes get the following screen. Then I do click on the "last 24 hrs" link and sometimes see some posts I hadn't seen before.
Clipboard07.jpg
I suspect that if I had been away more than 24 hours, I would see that screen more often - but I havn't been away from the new baby that long yet!
Old Tue 22 May 2007, 13:01
David S
Just call me: Dave

Ogden, UT
United States of America
I have a favorites bookmark on "Today's Posts" under the Quick Links. It shows all the posts I haven't read on top and the rest below. Seems to show more posts that I somehow missed.

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fourm.jpg (68.7 KB, 108 views)
Old Thu 31 May 2007, 23:49
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Like David above, have changed my bookmark to a "Last Day" search:
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/searc...etdaily&days=1

(Also found I was missing new posts with "New Posts" - probably because I was logging in with various names for testing)
Old Tue 12 June 2007, 19:54
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Thanks

Gerald,

I can't say thanks enough for this forum (old and new). I'm in the process of designing/spec'ing the "kitchen table" project. Every time, so far, I've had a question, there's the solution some where on this forum.

I must be about 4 months behind Reza and Hugo. I'm going to use Reza's SSR for the router circuit. I didn't understand contacts, but digging further, there was the answer for the E-Stop circuit question I had (haven't spec'd it yet, but I'll get it). Geeez, I spec'd the Gecko G203V and couldn't figure out the current set resistor. Same question as Reza. I couldn't believe it when I found the picture showing the resistor.

Anyways, great forum!!!
Greg
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts