MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 07 August 2012, 11:04
ecowarrior2
Just call me: max

south australia
Australia
any one in South Australia

Hi every one. Have my plans now and looking for any builders of the Mechmate or similar units in South Australia (or anywhere else in Australia) who would be generous enough to share knowledge and experiences before I start making sparks. Thanking you all in anticipation. I plan to also make it multi purpose so it can also be used as a plasma/oxy profile cutter and a automated mig welding station for repetitive work in jigs.

Last edited by ecowarrior2; Tue 07 August 2012 at 11:08..
Old Wed 08 August 2012, 05:46
Quadro
Just call me: Anthony #77

South Australia
Australia
G'day Max,
Welcome, Happy to share information and experiences. My experience of a 'dual' machine it becomes anoying every time to swap it from one to the other. Also fine wood dust and sparks aren't a safe mix in a shed. A dual plasma/oxy machine works great, the cut from the oxy is excellent - perendicular and smooth.

Ask the right questions and you will get the right answers.

Anthony
Old Wed 08 August 2012, 22:11
ecowarrior2
Just call me: max

south australia
Australia
Thank you for your quick note (advice duly noted)and offer and will follow it up. I think wheels on the base, the aircompressor to blow it down and wheel it into the shed next door will do the trick if needing to work with timber. Max

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read