MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 27 July 2011, 12:09
eugeneduvenage
Just call me: Eugene

Cape Town
South Africa
Recycle MDF offcuts in Cape Town?

Hi,
I recently got my mechmate running at production levels and it is generating an alarming amount of MDF offcuts ( a good thing as it means a large number of parts). Does anyone know if there is a recycling plant for MDF in Cape Town or recommend how to dispose of the waste MDF.

Thanks

Eugene
Old Wed 27 July 2011, 16:10
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Hi Eugene, congrats on getting production going, what sort of items are you cutting?
MDF offcuts are a problem in CT, since PG moved their board plant to Ugie in the Eastern Cape there is no longer any taker for offcuts, both solid and board, its either into the landfill or "donating" to the local informal settlement. We are way behind the rest of the world when it comes to responsible waste management.
Old Wed 27 July 2011, 23:41
eugeneduvenage
Just call me: Eugene

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Alan, at the moment I am cutting kids furniture from mdf, so there is not a lot of useable bits left to "donate" once a sheet is cut up. I guess I'll have to look into a waste management contract, will take far too much effort to keep dumping it myself.
Thanks
Eugene
Old Thu 28 July 2011, 08:23
CAM Craft
Just call me: Sean D

Cape Town
South Africa
we have tried gumtree and it works. but some house wives get a bit fussy on what they want

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read