MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 15 November 2019, 02:20
MarkRH
Just call me: Mark

Maryland
United States of America
Great build Ted!
Just getting the first jogs out of mine, still waiting on the rest of the correct wire to be delivered. Can you tell me what proxies you used and what aux power supply for them? I ha ve same 126 bob , looks like 3 core wire wired in series?
Old Fri 15 November 2019, 20:51
xraydude
Just call me: Ted #131

New Orleans, LA
United States of America
Thanks, Mark.

I used LJ12A3-4-Z-BX Proxies. NPN, NO, 3 wire, 12mm tubular. 6-36V, 300ma. I am using 4 of them, 2 on X, 1 on Y and 1 on Z. Because I went with NO sensors, I had to wiree them parallel. Also, instead of using a hole in the metal at the stops to trigger the proxies, I use a cut down bolt in the rail cutouts to trigger, for X and Y. For Z, I use a nut glued onto the stiffening tube that the proxy sees at the top of travel. Easy to understand if you look at the pics. All of the proxy wiring joins up into the main junction box on the table, then a shielded 3-conductor cable carries the signal to the BOB. On the 126, I am not using an aux power supply, I am using the 12V that the 126 supplies at the inputs. Due to the sensor's internal resistance, this configuration requires adding a resistor between the input terminal and the 5V supplied at the input. I have had no issues with this setup since installation. However, because of how I implemented this, I can not sense something like the y-carriage jumping the rails. I had these proxies on hand because of my job, so that is really the only reason I chose them.

BTW, those first movements are awesome, aren't they?

Ted

Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X Proxy Trigger.jpg (146.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg PMDX-126 Proxy input.jpg (142.0 KB, 40 views)
Old Sat 16 November 2019, 15:52
MarkRH
Just call me: Mark

Maryland
United States of America
Thanks Ted,
Bought a 12v power supply not thinking the 126 already has it.
Yes they are... especially when you have the motor tuning way to fast and not zeroed, oh and no e-stops installed, makes it exciting.
I'm glad everything is talking to one another tho. I still dont understand the 3 button e-stop, pause, resume button layout. I think its spec'd by Gerald as 7 core wire? and I havnt got my head around it, 2 cores for the e stop, 3 for the proxies, I thought it was 2 cores each for the pause and resume, will have to reread the thread.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read