MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 02 November 2014, 18:29
Duds
Just call me: Dale

Canberra
Australia
Also if you haven't drilled your spider yet be careful with the vague marks on the laser cut kit for the 6 z bearings. You will probably want to use the widest set of marks but use your calipers straddled between the bearings dry fit flat on your bench. Then add the 1/2" to account for your centres. Search for the thread on how to setup the spider.

Also I didn't bother to make the mounting bosses. Instead I welded in the nuts and use them for the bosses. Then I ground all the bits level with sand paper on a flat surface. This resulted in shorter bosses and I had to file back the stop tab on the spider but apart from that it all fit together well.
Old Mon 03 November 2014, 18:40
hevertg
Just call me: Hevert

maracaibo
Venezuela
Hi Dale. thanks for the advice, paulo asked my friend and he said it was better to follow the plan and buy the:
14 x GW3 v-rollers
6 x B3X eccentric buching for bearing

It is an expense that would not do, but it is necessary to see my MM running. someone has more than me about the band's economic hahaha
Old Tue 04 November 2014, 04:03
Duds
Just call me: Dale

Canberra
Australia
Hi Hevert, not really advice just a way to think about going about work in general. It's how I think anyway.

Anyway, what i'm really writing about is: Check out http://www.instructables.com/id/From...C-Fabrication/ there are three videos that give great insight into the workflow from design in SketchUp right through to CNC machining and assembly. It's actually the first time I have ever gone [been lead] through the process, though I imagined it would be just like it is. The production robots I have worked with are very different. I really need to learn SketchUp I can see already that CAD is going to be my weak point.

Also in the third video take particular attention at 2:20 minutes. The operator pulls a front fascia panel of a Huangyang VFD, and starts and sets the spindle speed, from under the machine table. It reminded me of your question about convenient speed control at the machine. I still think the best and easiest way is to just run a potentiometer out somewhere convenient, just three wires and you can drill a hole for the potentiometer anywhere.

Video No 1 From SketchUp to CNC Fabrication
Video No 2 From SketchUp to CNC Fabrication
Video No 3 From SketchUp to CNC Fabrication

Last edited by Duds; Tue 04 November 2014 at 04:07..
Old Fri 10 April 2015, 21:59
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
Hello friend, greetings to all. This time I am writing to ask for help with the bridge, and I soldered but I am very bad LOL, I need you to give me advice what to do? if I disarmed all or folding hard?
The video is my problem please view is very short and help me please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTFT1P85DEs
Old Fri 10 April 2015, 22:53
parrulho
Just call me: Paulo #108

willemstad
Netherlands Antilles
Hevert,

Two of the holes on Y-car are slotted to permit adjustment of the wheels. Put one wheel all way up and the other all way down and see if there is still a gap. You can elongate a little bit the slotted holes...
Old Fri 10 April 2015, 22:57
hevertg

maracaibo
Venezuela
ahhhhhhhh perfect paulo thanks, I'll do it tomorrow

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read