MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 10 July 2010, 09:23
MariusL
Just call me: Marius #22

Centurion
South Africa
Dis nou windgat hoor!!
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 00:09
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ek hou van dit en so ook my kinders
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 00:27
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Wow! Jy is vinnige Fanie.
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 00:41
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Kobus,
Waar het jy die DXF's gekoop?
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 00:58
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/fabrun/
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 01:06
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Thanks Gerald. And what exactly does the retired bit behind the name mean. Creative chaps never retire do they?
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 01:19
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Oupa en ouma sit op die stoep........
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 03:22
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Kobus - ek lief te kyk wat jy op jou rekenaar maak. Dit is een groot skepping na die ander. EN ek het nou uitgepluis het wat die Afrikaanse taal is eintlik sę nie.

Regards
Ross
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 05:14
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Hennie,
You are pushing the boundaries, I think.
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 07:01
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Marius, see The www.mechmate.com baton has been passed on
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 07:37
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfcnc View Post
Kobus - ek lief te kyk wat jy op jou rekenaar maak. Dit is een groot skepping na die ander. EN ek het nou uitgepluis het wat die Afrikaanse taal is eintlik sę nie.

Regards
Ross
I like the spirit Ross

I love my machine and just because I don't use it to generate an income now, I can PLAY with it, LEARN all the little secrets and one day when I RETIRE like some lucky ones here, I know what I can make to generate some income.....hope I live that long.
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 09:59
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Gerald,
Sorry man I wasn't paying attention during that period of time. We were going through a rough time liquidating our business. Glad to see that you still lurk.
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 23:18
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ouch Marius,I know what it feels like when you have worked for something and have to give it up because some idiot didn`t pay you.I am probably getting an attachment order today to remove some of my work.
Old Sun 11 July 2010, 23:38
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Hennie,
It is almost never worth the effort. I think one looses more than what you gain from these incidents. In our case it was more due to labour related issues.
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 06:36
fabrun
Just call me: fabrice

france
France
nice table and chair
i'll have a look at the dxf conversion for closing all vectors
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 07:03
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Marius

Here in the U.S., if we do some work for someone and they don't pay, we can put a labor lien against the property. They have to clear all the liens before they can sell the property. If you live long enough they will have to pay their debts to you. Simple enough to do here although you would still be out your materials.
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 07:09
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Dave is right. I get a deposit up front that covers the material .... then all that's left is labor.
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 09:15
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
J.R. 95 % of our clients don`t have a issue, if they can`t pay they make arrangements but the odd one or two are always the ones that change from supplier to supplier untill it gets to a point where it snowballs and no one wants to supply them.If only we had a system like what you have in the states then I would have been on retirement.At the moment it is dangerous to work for a building contractor in our Country it does not matter how much work they have because back at the ranch it is not that well.
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 11:06
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Thats a nice system to have Dave. I have decided that I will not make anything for anyone again. My next business will be buy and sell. If I make something they will pay upfront.
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 12:23
Belli
Just call me: Greg

Johannesburg
South Africa
Hi Marius,

Sorry to hear, I'm sure your grumpy neighbor didn't help any with your factory building either! I think you had a great product, aren't you going to continue with that?

Groete,
Greg
Old Tue 13 July 2010, 12:59
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Greg,
Nice to hear from you again. I still own the Intellectual Property (IP) of the products but unless I get a whole lot of investment I will not startup again. I have put the IP up for sale but no takers as yet. Having the best product on the market does not guarantee a successful business.
Old Wed 14 July 2010, 07:30
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusL View Post
Greg,
Having the best product on the market does not guarantee a successful business.
How very true. There are a lot more to it then a great product...
Old Wed 14 July 2010, 12:19
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
My motto is still if you have a product that is better then anybody else then create that market it might not happen soon but hey what the hell one tried.You won`t have a tree if you don`t plant a seed.Dam life was better when my mom still looked after me
Marius don`t give up fighting that bull by the horns.
Old Wed 14 July 2010, 12:33
MariusL

Centurion
South Africa
Hennie,
I fully agree with your sentiment, it just takes a whole lot of money sometimes. And no matter one's good intentions, the maths just don't work. But having said that, I am already looking at my next venture. It just wont be making things for other people.
Old Fri 16 July 2010, 10:24
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
With the Soccer I was no allowed to take leave...had to turn the generators myself... So today I decided to take a break. Spend some time with my beloved...BBB...

Thanks Fabrice, with the modifications this table is now what I want. I did another small modification and put a bow into the front and back skirt.

Also made some kiddies chairs. My wife is getting stuff together for the Church Sale next weekend.

DSC01383.JPG

DSC01384.JPG
Old Sat 17 July 2010, 03:56
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Is that how you treat & nick name your police in SA….kiddies ?
Nice work Kobus !
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 00:00
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Kobus that looks nice,did you come right with your pricing?
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 12:21
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Working on it Hennie.

This morning went to see my old friend in Walkerville that I am helping to finish his long overdue MM (18 months). He does not have internet access, so I feed him all the info and help where I can. We did a nice transaction....4 stepper drives plus a transformer for a DRUM SANDER...new condition. Short of cash and not using the sander as much, so we struck a deal..everybody happy.

drumsander.jpg

Mine is on a table with and infeed and outfeed extentions.
Old Sat 31 July 2010, 13:27
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
To our Aussie friends Down Under.

Do you guys know if Triton still makes these drills ?

triton drill.jpg

On the www.triton.com.au site it is not listed anymore. When I look for online spares, it also does not feature.

My machine has some play in the chuck bush/ bearing that I would like to fix.

I tried to take the chuck off, but that little Right hand screw inside the chuck did not even move when hitting it with an impact driver. Eventually broke the impact driver bit.

Info on a search suggest that screw is right-hand, and once loose the chuck is taken off Left-hand direction. ... is this correct ?

Anybody with info on how to strip the chuck. Once open I can see how it operates and make a plan to fix since I don't see any spares for these models advertised.
Old Sat 31 July 2010, 19:07
chrisd7306
Just call me: Chris

Melbourne
Australia
G'day
They are not available in Australia as you have found out but they can be bought in UK.

Here is a link for Triton UK, http://www.tritontools.co.uk/pda001-...nge-drill.html

According to their site they have spare parts for your cordless drill. Good luck!!

Cheers
Chris

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read