MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 50. Toolheads
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 05 December 2009, 19:46
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Milwaukee 5625, how fast do you turn it.

For those of you that have the Milwaukee 5625 router, how fast do you normally run your router? Paco recomends 18k rpms or less. How long have you had your router and have you had to replace the bearings? I've had the top of my router apart and the brushes won't be hard at all.

What I'm trying to figure out is how soon would I need to have a spare router motor. Changing the bearings doesn't look a real big deal with the proper tools, it just might take a little while.

Dave
Old Sat 05 December 2009, 21:01
chopper
Just call me: chopper

Big Lake Minnesota
United States of America
Dave,
I think this will depend on what you are cutting, I am not very well versed
in the wood aspect of things, I run my 5625 @ 8K the lowest it will go. but I am cutting plastic and aluminum, and some mdf it will depend on the bits used and material cut as to what your RPM will be, I was told that the smaller the bit the faster you will want to spin it, but with aluminum the slower the better, I like to run it as slow as possible and change the feed rate to get the correct chip load, I also changed out the bearings after the first 8 to 10 hours of run time, and I replaced them with much higher quality bearings, it runs a lot smoother and quieter than before and the bearings are actually rated for the speed that the router will turn which the factory ones are not, here is the bearing information New Hampshire Ball Bearing
pn: R-104SS KEA7P58 (this is the good one )
www.nhbb.com
tel. 603-924-4100 this is the info off the box,
the original upper bearing is an NSK 608DW this is directly stamped it the bearing
with this info you can cross reference them..
changing the bearings is quite easy and only takes a few minutes to do...
//chopper

Last edited by chopper; Sat 05 December 2009 at 21:04..
Old Mon 25 January 2010, 14:20
dragonfinder1
Just call me: Dave #49

Astoria, Oregon
United States of America
Chopper

I haven't found anyone that has these bearings in stock. To order these, I have to buy 250 each and the lead time is 28 weeks. I did find someone that have a sub for this bearing, but it costs $285.

So far the only option I have is to install OEM bearings. The only bearing that is the same size is a 6004 2RS which is a low speed bearing.

At $285 I can buy a new router, so I'm going to do that and repair my old one as a spare and swap them out every few months when the bearings go bad.

I don't know how much you paid for your bearings, but I do hope you bought extras if they were a good price.

Dave
Old Mon 25 January 2010, 14:55
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Dave,

Chopper is no longer allowed to post on this forum.

I have a 5625 and I replaced my bearings and it cost me about $85. The bearings I replaced them with are ones that has a higher tolerance.

I will PM you with the details when I find the numbers.

I had problems with pressing on the top bearing, the bottom one went on much easier.

I run my router at the top setting on the motor all the time without any problems.
Old Mon 25 January 2010, 16:39
wintersgillg
Just call me: Graham

Glasgow
United Kingdom
bearings

Dave

From what I have been able to find the sizes are:
20 x 42 x 12
and
8 x 22 x 7

look at http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/index.php and see what you need. If they will not ship to you direct pass the details to me, PayPal me some money to cover the cost and I will forward them on to you.

Regards

Graham
Old Tue 16 March 2010, 10:33
SiteSeeker
Just call me: SiteSeeker

New Hartford
United States of America
If you need a variety of smaller bearings try www.pacamor.com they have a reference chart and specialize in precision bearings.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read