MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 13 August 2009, 05:03
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Andy,

Wonderful!

The pictures give the impression that the areas around the letter "B" are raised. Is this an illusion? What ever it is, these are the best "first cuts" I've seen.

Nice work. Congratulations.

Now, slap some Logo's on her and request a Serial Number!
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 15:20
andyclarkecncuk
Just call me: andy

bristol
United Kingdom
Thanks John, logos on the way.

Afew more pics this time painted mdf white so it shows up better.

Last photo shows a few flats on "B" i think it should of been cut with two passes as when i cut the smaller version it came out perfect.

Thanks Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0589.JPG (39.6 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0590.JPG (42.0 KB, 448 views)
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 15:29
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
WOW!!!! Beautiful graphic design. First class work.
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 15:41
andyclarkecncuk

bristol
United Kingdom
Thanks Doug, Beautiful but unfortunatly not designed by me - free in v carve pro demo.

I was just reading your post in the motor tuning part, What did you mean by g's?.
When you set the velocity and acc in mach do you use this to control the speed or the feed speed on the main page?.

When i first set them i tuned them so they sounded good, when i jogged the amber leds on the geckos would light up but since i have set the settings slower as it seemed too fast.
Should i set them so they sound good then adjust the feed speed to the job im doing?
Thanks Andy
Old Thu 13 August 2009, 21:09
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
I believe Mach3's use of the term "G's" stands for gravitational pull. I didn't come up with it. Mach 3 has a window on the motor tuning screen that shows the Gs. You don't set the G's, I believe Mach3 calculates the G's based on your settings.

It has been a while since I tinkered with this stuff and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think those velocity and acel settings are for jogging. Jogging is when you aren't cutting but only performing a rapid move through the air. You set the feed speed with your CAM program and it is contained in the G Code you are using for your particular workpiece being cut. At least I set mine that way.

I left the X and Y axis jog speed settings as fast as the machine could handle. They will actually go a little faster than I have them set. Unfortunately, at the fastest settings, when I tried to jog the gantry from one end of the table to the other, after about four feet the motors started losing steps so I reduced the velocity setting. For the Z axis, I had to slow it down because I was having trouble accurately zeroing the Z axis. It moved too quickly. No matter how quickly I tried to press and release the page down button on my keyboard, the Z axis would jump down too far. Slowing down the velocity fixed that.

I hope I answered your questions. If I misunderstood you or failed to answer completely, let me know and I'll take another stab at it.

Doug
Old Mon 31 August 2009, 03:58
andyclarkecncuk

bristol
United Kingdom
Thought i would update as i havent for a while.
I have been really busy at work so havent had much time to spend on mechmate but yesterday had time to cut this.

It is 250mm dia cut in 18mm mdf and took 2hr 20min.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0593.JPG (38.7 KB, 340 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read