MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 02 April 2010, 20:41
zumergido
Just call me: Fernando

BS AS
Argentina
It's alive and cutting! - BS AS Argentina

well people since i like this projects i will tell you iam ready for the voyage.
i take the blue pill.
introducing my self:
From Buenos Aires, Argentina.
not an ingeniering but with knoledge of electrics, electronics, welding, carpentry, everything i thing is needed to buil this machine. seems easy but i know its not.
iam on the security " alarms, dvr" bussiness, and import from china regullary.
the plan its to build a MM for 3x2 meters of mdf cut.
i have the place.
allready contact leadshine for the steppers and drivers
the MA860H cost 88 U$S ea
motor 86HS45 68 U$S ea
plus shipping and taxes.
belt reducers 3:1 poblably
i will trie to follow the desings but the hybrid MM its inspiring.
first build the kitchen table then i will see. i dont have a mig welder only a 200amp arc welder that never let me down.
i allready have the power supply "swiching" from a old bulk printer "lots of steppers in that machine" 5v 15amp, 12v 18amp,36v ??amps, 48v 15amp. and some little steppers and a 36vdc brushless blower. i buy all that for 100 AR$ "30U$S".
i allready have a supplier of the rack and pinion module 1,5 and the reduction gears,

not including the metal and router i have a cost of -/+ 1300 U$S

so when a finish cleaning the place and do the electrical the MM will rise from the ground.
best regards
Fernando

sry for my english. not practicing much.
Old Fri 02 April 2010, 21:14
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Welcome Fernando,
Looking forward to you progress pix soon!
Don't worry about your English, it not my mother tongue either but guys here has huge tolerance.

PS
Our driver + motor combo is identical
Old Fri 02 April 2010, 22:11
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome!
Old Sat 03 April 2010, 06:10
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome !!!!
Old Sat 03 April 2010, 06:58
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Welcome Fernando!!
and good luck with your build.

Cheers
Tony.
Old Sat 03 April 2010, 15:20
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Bienvenido!
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 06:37
cvriv.charles
Just call me: charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Pablo has some competition now
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 07:16
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Nahh im not competing, im still at least 5 months away from making a single weld...
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 08:21
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
please dont make this a competition..
i dont have cnc experience. pablo does. i have to build a small cnc first to see how all works.

tnks all for the support.
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 09:27
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Fernando,
The Mechmate design is bullet proof, I didn't have much CNC experience when I made the first move to build mine. Didn't even bother to waste an extra minute to look at other cnc design after I downloaded thenplans....
Old Wed 14 April 2010, 15:50
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
the numbers of the laser parts are ready. 250USS with materials. i think its a really good price.
so iam waiting for the electricity on the "shop". 9x8 meters garage that i will use.
i have "prices" of motors, drivers and laser parts,
so everything its going on v rollers.
Old Mon 03 May 2010, 17:48
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
well i have electricity on my new "shop" i will start to build the table and order the laser parts.
i have some pictures of my 30 dollars buy.
switching power supply 48v 11.5amps. perfect for the 34hs9802 motors, plus 5v 10amp, 12,8v 18amps. all the motors and the blower where powered with this supply.
I post some interior for the electronic geeks.
also a servo motor that i dont have information about it. have a glass disk encoder. i lost one.
some steppers maybe for a small cnc.
and a transformer that i have for some years more then 10 years i never found utility. it have 35ac and 15amps. plus many other outputs.
a small blower that maybe can work on a small cyclone. only for the MM 48volts servo motor on a blower
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01052010383.jpg (75.2 KB, 1033 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010387.jpg (73.3 KB, 1038 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010390.jpg (65.9 KB, 1035 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010392.jpg (69.6 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010393.jpg (58.4 KB, 1030 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010395.jpg (75.0 KB, 1026 views)
File Type: jpg 01052010386.jpg (85.7 KB, 1015 views)
Old Sat 19 June 2010, 19:53
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
well i have order 4 34hs9802 plus drivers and BOB.
i hope they arrive soon. i was on my metal supplier this week to see if i can recycle some parts for the MM and other projects. i found some angle iron 50x50x6mm 3 meters long on perfect shape. for 10 dolars a piece. using my super discount.
plus i capture a video where some guys trying to disarm a machine for recycling using the washer of death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnl5RF42Ve8
Old Wed 04 July 2012, 11:44
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
iam starting the building very slow. iam going for the table now. i have two upn 22 for side rails intead of the 18. cuz cost me cheaper and they are very straight. but heavy
i put a video how iam tapping threads using a makita impact driver.
more news to come. since i have almost everything from electronics, spindle, metal, motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz1G3PGwF9c
Old Wed 04 July 2012, 12:34
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Back Fernando! Good to see you around.
Old Thu 09 August 2012, 21:18
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
ok here again, with news..
i start some weeks ago a couple of hours per day. and its fun?
strting from the legs. yes 6 legs. i like bugs

then the 8 beams i got blue rust protective paint its a standard blue so maybe its not the MM blue.. i will go benneton mechmate so dont care.

i got from the scrap yard some oval pieces of 5mm good for the feets. i stick some rubber and done

i have to say that most of the parts of my mm will come from scrap. so the gantry beams are made of 4 pieces welded. but are heavy and strong. 5mm thick, i dont remember. i ask if the extra weigth will come a problem and i got a positive go.
thats not fanta. its a little bit stronger.

i want to use bolts on most of the machine for two reasons. one i have plenty of automotive bolts they are hardened. second i will dessasembly and move the machine on the future.
so i have to make many holes. the trick is start with a small bit like 3mm then move on big ones. other thing to have in mind is if you cant make stright holes by hand you will have a high chance to brake your bit and hurt you. and angle holes are not so good for tapping threads. some lubricant its allways good.

since i dont have many space on the shop to move the mm i start assembly painted parts. maybe its the hard way but i will go for it.
i got upn 22 beams of 3.5 meters long and i have to say they are HEAVY. iam alone on the shop so i recomend, if you are alone dont go bigger than that. unless you are a body builder.
so i start to bluild the table. remember iam alone. so step by step and many c clamps.

another interesting tool is the high-lift

and done. i have a table to work.

look like a MM but dont work. maybe some parts missing. damm. more work

now its time for the rails. if i knew it wass so hard something that looks so simple........ ok never mind.
i think the table is esential to this part.

dont go for the thin disk i use 6 to cut one rail. than i change to the more expensive one. some bosh disk for stainless steel. one and a half i use.

i dont recomend the use of gloves and eye protection, i demand it. but some times its not enough. yes it hurts and the worse part those are my favorites gloves.

finally the rails are done so its some for more c clamps and see how they looks like,
btw .. yes they are not the recomended size but they fit fine.

i use 1/4 tork bolts maybe they look small but NOT. they are fine, plus a got many of them

the weels look fine very happy with them.

then the fun part. make the rails straight.

traying to skip some parts. nop.... need more work. dammm

ok time for the gantry. have to say that the parts fits really well so there is no trouble.

ok its one trouble, iam and idiot. i cut the beams too short.
not one.. two times. i will blame some one else..
i have to hire somebody. the boss never gets wrong.

still need some adjusts. but the gantry rools very smooth. think i can make the mm. untill now i have two options. a mechmate or a rock solid ping pong table.

i hire some one to help me.
cost me some scrap metal and a couple of hours.. hope the roof dont go down. can handle 250 -- 500 kilos and will help on the future to load the MM.

its so easy to paint when the parts floats in the air.
my new employee its so helpfull.. i will finish him later. if its doesnt fall off first.

ok here is the story of one month of work.
still many things to do.. will see.

special tnks to PEU who sell me the parts a year o so .. ago..
Old Thu 09 August 2012, 21:24
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
i use to buy scrap metal from a place that recycle it. they bring old machines, metal structures, they destroy most of the things. but some times iam on the right time and saves some parts. like this ones.

6 linear rails. in perfect shape. 720mm the big one. maybe for a small cnc.. who know. cost me 30 uss if i do the convertion.

Old Sun 12 August 2012, 17:19
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Ya va tomando forma!! 30 bucks for the rails? where did you found such a deal?

Pablo
Old Sun 12 August 2012, 19:07
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
within the scrap maybe you get some gold. this time some rails. they are nsk lz25. didnt take pictures from where i disasemble them but it wass pretty heavy. 4 hours just to take the rails from it, but you know they worth it.
tomorrow i finish some paiting and start the electronics. if you like you are invited to make the first dust. or second.
Old Tue 14 August 2012, 05:34
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
la verdad que si vale la pena, es de un desarmadero? hace mucho que no voy a uno, me parece que voy a tener que retomar el habito... de que era la maquina de donde salio eso?
Old Tue 14 August 2012, 08:46
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
compraron chatarra de una automotriz y habia una mesa que pesaba como 200 kilos que se movia en varias direcciones sin motores ni nada electrico. no tengo idea, era una cosa rara. los vi de casualidad.
Old Sun 09 September 2012, 20:39
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
another news.
the machine goes well. i found some trouble with the gantry, is not square. not even a little. so have to use this procedure http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231 but i dont have enouth room to place more spacers on the v weels. but the wrigth side is i dont like the rails i made so i will make a new ones and place them leaving more room for the spacers.

other thing is the cable chain. never found a supplier that charge me what a piece of plastic really cost. almost 100uss per meter.
so i buy a aluminum tube 80x40 mm and a flexible tempered iron strap 60x0.60 mm and ¡voila!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74iQ0dmB-c&feature=plcp

work perfect. if you do this remember its tempered blue metal. very very hard to make holes. use a press drill and prepare to waste some drill bits and make a lot of sparks..
Old Mon 10 September 2012, 04:49
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
WOW!!! LOVE THAT CABLE CHAIN!!!
Please show more details, I MUST make one!
Old Mon 10 September 2012, 06:14
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
The cables will rub a lot inside that "chain" because the fixed length is offset to the side of the chain.

The idea with the expensive chain is that the center of the "pipe" is held to a fixed length. The cable does not have to slide when the chain bends,
Old Mon 10 September 2012, 06:32
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
Hi Gerald,
Do you think This is more appropriate?
Like Fernando, I can't find a proper price for the plastic.
Old Mon 10 September 2012, 07:32
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
gerald i get the point and i have consider that. maybe its not a big problem. y have another desing a little more complex "no cnc parts needed" maybe i will do it for the Y-car since make holes to the tempered metal its a pain.

KEN. peu have made chains too and i have some good desings. but i need chains to build a machine to build chains.
dont know whats wrong with this people. its plastic 100%
Old Tue 11 September 2012, 15:26
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
At greater lengths you really need a good strong chain and for extra length you need a chain that will fall and glide on the other end in the tray
Old Fri 14 September 2012, 16:16
PEU

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Fernando, llama a Varitel (www.varitel.com) en su momento los precios eran 1/3 de los de IGUS, si no recuerdo mal, algo de 40 dolares el metro.
Old Sat 15 September 2012, 09:20
HomeMadeCnc
Just call me: Tim

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
Awesome build so far! Keep going, this machine will change your life as its done to mine. Dont forget about the software side of things, its a major player in the system.
Good Luck
Tim #79
Old Sat 15 September 2012, 13:42
zumergido

BS AS
Argentina
mecanic and electrical parts are the easy part.
now software is another thing. mach3 or emc. then some engeneering soft like solidworks and other.

i dont have much experiecne in any of those. just mach3 a very little, right now iam looking on how to use modbus on mach3 using brains.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read