MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Fri 04 December 2009, 03:48
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Football (Soccer) World Cup - Cape Town should feature on your television today

Tonight (local & European time), there is a major media event in my home city. Aside from the FIFA draw in the studios, there should be a lot of general (and live) coverage of Cape Town & South Africa.
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 04:51
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Glad you posted about the WC. All media outlets here in Argentina are talking about it, we are all expectant about what our group will be.
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 12:58
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
And as far I can recall we never got so lucky at the FIFA WC draft, our zone is one of the easiest, I can't say the same for South Africa, tough group...

Good luck to all
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 20:15
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
South Africa should not be playing in the World Cup because we are not one of the 32 best teams in the world. (we are now 84th). So, group A is one of the easiest groups - if you are not from South Africa.
Old Sat 05 December 2009, 05:37
wintersgillg
Just call me: Graham

Glasgow
United Kingdom
Soccer

Gerald

Something to bear in mind is that when Engerland won the WC in the 1966 they did not qualify (again) and then did not qualify again until 1982. Of course the the press have now seen the first group matches and now fully expect their team to reach the finals - I certainly hope not it is bad enough with them reminding us that they have won it.

In case you haven't guessed I only support 2 football teams - Scotland and anyone that plays England.

Graham

ps

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts