MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 03 April 2009, 13:27
iqchallenged
Just call me: Bill

Chattanooga, TN
United States of America
IQChallenged - Chattanooga, TN

Just came over from CNCZone. My machine is all rack and pinion so maybe this forum will have a greater focus on things I need to know. Not taking anything away from CNCZone. They've helped me a lot. My current goal is finding the most expedient way of gearing my machine down. The motors run best at a speed 8 times greater than what I'm using them at. So I either need to get some belts and pulleys or switch to screws. I really hate to switch to screws because of the expense. Please visit my site. It's not really laid out very well but maybe you'll find something there that will interest you.

www.ProjectCNC.wordpress.com
Old Fri 03 April 2009, 19:25
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Bill,
Try these two threads for guys who have built there own belt reduction units. 3 to 1 seems to be the easiest to accomplish.

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1218
Old Sat 04 April 2009, 00:32
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Reduction Drive by belt - Designs
Old Sun 05 April 2009, 06:35
iqchallenged
Just call me: Bill

Chattanooga, TN
United States of America
2 stage

Appreciate the feedback. I'm afraid though that I'm going to have to have a two stage reduction in order to rev as fast as I want while going as slow as I want.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read