MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 23 November 2009, 20:07
blurrycustoms
Just call me: Alex

TN
United States of America
We will be making standard adapters for 80mm and 100mm motor diameters. Of course custom sizes can be made as well.

Pricing to be posted soon.
Old Tue 24 November 2009, 10:02
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Chris, I think you can find out about what they look like by looking here:
http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCSpindleandController.html

I have visited a few Taiwan CNC Equipment manufactures and actually made friends with a few top brass at two. They said they could sell me what you see at the Keling website for a lot less (roughly $3000). Notice that the Keling Inverter looks very similar to what is being provided directly from China. It's a copy cat world in China. I asked the CNC manufactures using these spindles if they were as reliable as an Itilian made spindle and the answer was that there has been no complaints from any customers. The bearings do need replacing from time to time, but that's not very expensive.

If you just wait, I'm sure these things will get cheaper and easier to find. Two years ago, it was very difficult to find Chinese water cooled spindles. Now they are everywhere on E-bay, online, etc.
Old Tue 24 November 2009, 10:04
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Alex, can you tell us about how soon? Are we talking about days, weeks, months ?
Thanks
Old Wed 25 November 2009, 08:45
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Alex - thats definitely good news - do have a good pricing.
Old Thu 26 November 2009, 07:45
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
We are setting up preorders to begin in December, and shipments in January, so pricing will be available in the next few weeks.
Old Wed 02 December 2009, 22:41
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Smile

Okay guys, we have finalized some pricing, and will post it here first, along with more detailed specs over the next couple of days.

We will be posting general specifications, and if there are more detailed specs that you are looking for, please feel free to ask.

I will also post some info regarding a "group buy" pre-order so that we can offer some discount pricing to the early birds. Look for that tomorrow. Shipments will begin at the end of January for pre-ordered spindles.

Avenger Spindle System

Regular Price: $2,095.00
Toolholders: $75.00-$105.00

-Speeds up to 25,000RPM, up to 4.25" diameter
-Dual ABEC9 angular contact bearings
-AVQS125 toolholders (Up to 1/2" shanks, ER20 collets)
-Low-runout (<0.0005")
-TiN coating on wear surfaces
-Operates on 100PSI shop pressure
-Compact, lightweight (8lbs without motor)
-Accepts motors up to 5HP
-Custom mounting options available

Give us a call or send over and email for more information on pre-orders.

avengerspindle@blurrycustoms.com

Old Wed 02 December 2009, 23:25
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
What are the costs of the motors to go with this system. Can these motors be used without the tool changer?
Old Wed 02 December 2009, 23:31
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
We will be supplying adapters for many motors that are available today, and widely used on CNC machines.

For example:

Bosch 1617EVS
Porter Cables 690, 890, 7158
Dewalt DW618
80mm and 100mm Chinese AC Induction Spindles

These motors do not require any modification to be used with the Avenger system.
Old Thu 03 December 2009, 20:01
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
The Avenger spindle is regularly priced at $2,095.00, with toolholders priced $75.00 to $105.00.

Motor adapters available:
-3.5" for Bosch 1617EVS, Porter Cable 690 and 890, Dewalt DW618
-4.25" for Porter Cable 7518
-80mm
-100mm
-Please inquire for custom sizes

Toolholders available:
-Regular reach straight shank - AVQS125-500R (1/2"), AVQS125-375R (3/8"), AVQS125-250R (1/4") - $75.00
-Long reach straight shank - AVQS125-500L (1/2"), AVQS125-375L (3/8"), AVQS125-250L (1/4") - $85.00
-Regular reach ER20 - AVQS125-ER20R - $95.00
-Long reach ER20 - AVQS125-ER20L - $105.00

We are also now accepting pre-orders and will be shipping these pre-orders at the end of January. We are only accepting a limited number of pre-orders, and only pre-ordered spindles will be shipping in January.

Pre-order pricing: $1,995.00
$5.00 off toolholders

Pre-orders do require a reserve deposit of $200.00 per spindle and $15 per tool holder, and will be accepted until January 8, 2010. To pre-order simply send an email with your name, address, preferred payment method, the motor adapter required and a list of the tool holders you would like to pre-order, and we will contact you with further information.

Though pre-orders are limited, there are quantity benchmarks that we will be looking for at which point we will be reducing prices, to give everyone a chance to take advantage of quantity pricing for these preorders.

Dealers and OEMs:

We will be accepting very limited pre-orders for dealer and OEM quantities. We do have some requirements to qualify for dealer pricing, so please inquire if interested, and we can discuss these requirements and further details on our dealer and OEM programs.

Let me know if any of you have any questions.

Old Thu 03 December 2009, 20:40
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
how is the noise level compared to water cooled spindles?
how does the ATC work?
whats the MTBF? does it needs periodical servicing?
Is there an user manual already online?

Thanks!
Old Thu 03 December 2009, 21:59
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Pablo,
I think that quote is just for the quick change spindle adapter. The spindle or router motor is separate?
Old Thu 03 December 2009, 22:54
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Heath,

You are correct, this cartridge spindle is directly coupled to the motor of your choice. So the noise levels will be dependent on whatever motor your are using.

The Avenger spindles will be provided with a 1 year warranty, and any service can be provided by Blurry Customs. Manuals will be available as we get closer to our January ship date.
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 07:50
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I think some of the confusion is the fact that it is being labeled a spindle and people connect that with motor.
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 08:07
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Heath, this product is a true "spindle" in the original sense. The thing that we commonly call a spindle is more correctly known as a "motorised spindle" (electric, air, whatever) or an "electrospindle"
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 09:31
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Gerald is right here. We would be more adept to refer to our product as the "spindle" or "cartridge spindle" itself while the drive motor would be referred to as exactly that, the "motor" or "engine". I too am guilty of throwing the different terms around for the different varieties. As "electrospindle" would be the more appropriate term for the drive electric motor and toolholder interface that are integrated into a single package, like a Bosch 1617EVS.

Many "cartridge spindles", as commonly used on large metalworking machines, are coupled to a motor via belts or gears, so that they can be geared down for high torque applications. But at speeds of 24,000 rpm, gears and belts tend to go the wayside, which is why our "cartridge spindle" is directly coupled to the spindle motor of your choice. Translating the speed and torque characteristics of the selected "motor" through our cartridge spindle, and to the tool.

Our product is actually very simple, and it's a shame that the semantics gets confusing, but please let us know if we can clear up any confusion.
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 10:03
Castone
Just call me: Leo #41

Soddy Daisy , Tn
United States of America
Bearings

What is the rated bearing life and at what duty? 50% @ 20,000 RPM ?
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 13:04
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castone View Post
What is the rated bearing life and at what duty? 50% @ 20,000 RPM ?
Good question.

I wish it was that easy, but bearing life is highly dependent on loads (radial and axial) applied to the bearings, as well as many other factors. This could get very technical so, it may need to go into a different thread, which I would be happy to contribute to as best I can (not being a bearing designer).

Also note: After calculating in numerous factors, bearing life is typically rated in either a number of millions of revolutions (sometimes referred to as pressure cycles) or hours of operation at a constant speed.

I am sure that there are a number of others here who would be considered more experienced, and please feel free to throw out corrections as necessary.

I wish it was as easy as saying "the bearings are rated at 4,000 hours."
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 15:17
chrisd7306
Just call me: Chris

Melbourne
Australia
Are the bearings ceramic or steel?

Does the unit use industry standard bearing sizes i.e. can be purchased from any bearing supplier.

Will you be stocking bearing kits with instructions on how to replace bearing, seals etc..?
If so, what sort of price range would the kits cost?

Maintenance is an issue for the people who do not live in the USA.

Will I need special tools to be able to disassemble and assemble to replace bearings, seals, etc... or will I need to send it back to your factory?
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 15:39
chrisd7306

Melbourne
Australia
One thing I forgot to ask about was - tool holders carousel

Can you give some information on your tool holder carousel for this unit eg
Number of tool holders that can be used in the carousel
Are the holders held in a linear or circular type arrangement?
Cost of unit
Old Fri 04 December 2009, 17:06
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
The bearings are steel, and yes they are industry standard sizes. We do have ceramics available, and would be able to offer it as an upgrade if there is enough interest there.

Naturally, our preference would be for repairs to be done in house, and this would be necessary for repairs covered under our warranty. We will also be stocking replacement parts should they be necessary, and will make every possible effort to make life simple for customers outside of the United States, in regard to repairs made under warranty and not.

That being said, this unit was designed for simplicity, and that in turn has provided a very low maintenance system.

We do not produce a tool holder carousel at this time, though development is in progress. We will be stocking tool forks that can be easily adapted into current machine designs, especially in a linear magazine arrangement (see pic below).

Old Fri 04 December 2009, 18:05
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
New website is now available for viewing. Construction will continue as we add information, but it is a good place to get all of the latest available details. All videos and pictures will be posted there when they become available as well.

http://www.quickspindle.com

Old Sat 05 December 2009, 05:52
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
Wow, that's actually more expensive than I thought it would be.
But a good product, no doubt about that.
Had hoped the price would be somewhat lower, but I guess we can't get it all at one time.
Old Sat 05 December 2009, 16:54
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Well, keep checking back. Preorders are going fairly well, and we're looking at some more discounts a little sooner than we expected.
Old Sun 06 December 2009, 14:16
chrisd7306

Melbourne
Australia
Alex,
Do you have a drawing that you can supply for the footprint of the 2 vertical mounting brackets and how far the two brackets should be separated. I would like to determine if there any major modifications that that to be done to the MM z axis plate setup.

What safety features have you incorporated in the design should the air supply fails?
I would not like to drop a tool holder at 24 000 rpm!!!!

Thankyou.
Old Sun 06 December 2009, 15:03
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Chris,

There has been some concern that the mounts are too wide to clear the v-rollers on the Z axis. Though the overall width is 5", the mounts are chamfered to produce a 3.5" wide mounting surface. Based on my studies of the Mechmate drawings, little to no modification should be needed for the standard z axis plate. Please let me know if your findings are different.

In our standard mounting configuration, the bottom mount is fixed, and the upper mount is adjustable from 3.75" to 4.25" between the mounting holes. The mounting holes are 30mm wide (or 1.1811") which is similar to a standard Colombo mounting pattern.

Standard mounting drawing attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mountingdimensions.JPG (83.7 KB, 943 views)
Old Sun 06 December 2009, 19:44
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Chris,

My apologies for forgetting to address the last part of your question.

Our spindle, like many others, uses air pressure only to release the toolholder, and mechanical spring force to lock the tool holder. So, should air supply fail, the gripping mechanism is not compromised, you will just need to restore the air supply to release the tool holder.
Old Mon 07 December 2009, 23:19
blurrycustoms

TN
United States of America
Well, it's only been a few days and we have had very good response for these preorders. We have decided to increase production levels, which translates into some further discounts on these preorders:

Preorder price as of Dec. 7, 2009

$1,845.00 per spindle and $8 off tool holders

One note regarding shipping:

Increased production will be putting a strain on our shipping schedule, so we will be shipping on a first come first serve basis starting at the end of January.

Let me know if there are any questions.
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 03:30
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Hi Alex,

please excuse my dumb question, but I still donīt get it.
Is the Avenger an ATC with Spindle or does the Spindle/Motor have to be attached separately? Iīm using a chinese Spindle 2.2 kW. How is it going to be attached to the ATC or am i not going to use it anymore?

Claus
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 08:32
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
Claudio

As i see it, it's for Router motors ex. Bosch, PorterCable, Milwaukee and so on, not for real HF Spindles.
Old Tue 08 December 2009, 08:37
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Alex,

Can you post a video of this thing in action on say the Milwaukee 5625-20 Router. Or some photos of it hooked to a regular router motor?

Thanks,

Mike

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read