MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > Troubleshooting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 29 August 2009, 11:07
gorantec
Just call me: gorantec #59

bitola
Macedonia
Wellllllll i have problem with my MechMate

i have notice today i was like to making some mdf door but on the long distance i have see theat my mechamate dont work like need to work i dont have correct square on Y - axis on the X axis is everything ok but on Y please check the pic and some advice how to fix .

My thinking is to correect with Y rails to unweld and make to 90 degree angle .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mechmate.jpg (16.9 KB, 148 views)
Old Sat 29 August 2009, 12:28
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Well, off-hand, it appears that your table in not square.

You show that the "y" out of square travel is 10 mm. How far does the bit have to travel in the "y" direction to get to be 10 mm out of square?

Are your X cross bearers welded or bolted? If bolted you can loosen the bolts of the cross bearers, loosen the bolts in the MDF and use a "come-along" diagonally across the table to square up the table.

I don't have experience with welded cross bearers, but I believe you can do the same thing on a welded table.
Old Sat 29 August 2009, 12:40
gorantec
Just call me: gorantec #59

bitola
Macedonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggins7 View Post
Well, off-hand, it appears that your table in not square.

You show that the "y" out of square travel is 10 mm. How far does the bit have to travel in the "y" direction to get to be 10 mm out of square?

Are your X cross bearers welded or bolted? If bolted you can loosen the bolts of the cross bearers, loosen the bolts in the MDF and use a "come-along" diagonally across the table to square up the table.

I don't have experience with welded cross bearers, but I believe you can do the same thing on a welded table.
Y travel 1100 mm to go -10mm my x rail is bolted so you think to make work totry with x rail ?
Old Sat 29 August 2009, 12:43
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Gorantec, relax, no need to cut the gantry and weld again!

Read this thread: Setting the Y-axis square to the X-axis

Okay, that thread is not so easy to read....sorry. But, also look at drawing M1 20 100 A, where it says: "THIS DIMENSION IS ADJUSTED TO MAKE THE CARS RUN SQUARE AND TRUE". You need to adjust the washers between the V-rollers and the frame so that the y-gantry is square to the table when the motors are dropped down and the gantry is completely free.
Old Sat 29 August 2009, 12:45
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
John, the square of the table makes no difference. The cutting squareness is all decided by the gantry being square to one x-rail.
Old Sat 29 August 2009, 12:49
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Looking back at your posts, those cross bearers definitely look like they are welded. If you are out-of-square and you can't change the table, you may have to adjust the X-rails...or at least your stops. The most important measurement for the X-rails is that they are parallel. I used a tape measure to check them after having used a measured rod to set them initially.

Or your Y Gantry may be out-of-square. You can check this by making sure that your X-stops are square and rolling the Y Gantry against the X-stops. I used the method of measuring from corner to corner diagonally across the table...both diagonals. I made sure theses measurements were within 1 mm. Once you've done this, the Gantry should hit the X-stops at the same time. If not, your Y Gantry is out-of-square.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read