MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 04 May 2011, 19:29
fergi
Just call me: John

Texas
United States of America
New Member from Texas

Hello from Texas,

I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I'm in the planning stage for a 5 X 10 ft. router with as much Z as possible. I intend to use it initially to route MDF panels but I'm hoping for some ideas that would help me start a business. Any help toward the goal of starting a business would be greatly appreciated since I just lost my job last Friday.
Old Wed 04 May 2011, 19:50
JamesJ
Just call me: Jim #104 (retired)

Kansas
United States of America
Welcome! This a great resource. Good luck with your project.
Old Wed 04 May 2011, 20:34
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome John!
Old Thu 05 May 2011, 05:44
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
John,
Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear about your employment change....a few folks in here went/are going thru the same challenges.

If you have the resources (money) and time, you could complete your project as quickly as 3 weeks if you stay with it.

Best,
Sean
Old Thu 05 May 2011, 06:01
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
If you are dead serious to start a business with MM; Unless you have professional knowledge about the "customisation" of your choice. I suggest stove your creative hat & build as "stock" design.
This design works, I've started a business with it, MM don't give much problems, the major problem is to get enough orders to fill the idle machine hours...
Old Thu 05 May 2011, 12:48
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome to the team!!!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read