MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 26 January 2009, 02:49
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
untitled.gif
Old Mon 26 January 2009, 12:43
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Hi Nils,
The motor is turning free from the Z axis, when i configure the probe input then the Z motor is not turning at all, with input #4 the motor is turning nicely but did not stop with the touch plate touching to ground, I have installed the Zero probe system from ART`s recommendation and it worked first time with no problems, would like to have the remote pushbutton activated on that system too,
Thank you for your contribution, much appreciated,
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 09:09
obuhus
Just call me: Dmitriy #68

Kirov region
Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Marc, typically there are two wires, one with a crocodile clip, other with an alu plate. Clip goes to cutting bit to ground it properly, plate carries 5V. When bit touches plate it drops (shorts) the plate voltage to 0v. PMDX senses it as an input.

Some people work happily without the ground wire and clip because the cutter grounds electrically via the router bearings. Folk with spindles and ceramic bearings discovered that this does not ground and the spindle just keeps driving on into the table, lifting the y-car. (Imagine if the y-car could not lift . . . )

Then there are coated bits TiN or diamond/ceramic which also do not conduct . . . .
Greetings to all. Greetings Gerald. To see glad again you. At me a question about Z-Zero. I wish to understand as correctly to connect a wire from a crocodile to PMDX, from alu plate to PMDX where the black button is connected and how it is all works? I read this forum, but the full answer to the question have not found: (

More low I show, how I plan to connect other buttons on Y and Z-gantry. I hope all correctly except joints in a grey square?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf question about Z-Zero.pdf (104.5 KB, 168 views)
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 09:20
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Dmitriy,

If you are using a router, you don't have to use the ground wire because it is grounded as described above.

You know just have to tell Mach which pin you are using for the probe and it should work.
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 10:17
obuhus

Kirov region
Russia
Thanks for a prompt reply. But I wish to understand in the complete set as I should connect wires from Z-zero plate, from Gerald's black button and what script to use.
I project a board of the relay and I should know as correctly all to make. The preliminary project of a board of the relay more low.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ralay-board.jpg (176.6 KB, 971 views)
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 10:57
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Dmitriy, I have not used that black button yet. Sorry.
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 11:16
obuhus

Kirov region
Russia
What for the note?
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 11:21
obuhus

Kirov region
Russia
It is good thing - to use the additional (black) button for activation Match at calibration Z-zero. I heard it can work as additional limit switch? Let's solve this problem together!
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 11:36
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
What's the black button for?

I have modified Greolt and Nils script for the z-zero height to use this button as a height "set" and "start z-zero" routine. Before anyone ask's - I can't find the script in my library and the MM it is being used on is not near me....so I can't send it to you all yet.

Logic used:

1) Quick momentary push of the black operator "set's the z-height" at the current location.
2) A 2 second hold of the black operator "start's the z-zero" routine.

This allows for the single use of the PMDX input for both.

My contribution today!
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 11:55
obuhus

Kirov region
Russia
I thought that Gerald's black button activates a script for Match. After that Match defines height Z-zero with use of a script and inputs PMDX (a crocodile and z-plate), then makes program changes to options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg question-about-Z-Zero1.jpg (20.5 KB, 949 views)
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 12:10
obuhus

Kirov region
Russia
How you think? Whether we can use the Crocodile and Z-zero plate as additional limit swittch for definition of real zero, and the black button for activation of procedure of definition of zero?
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 21:44
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Dmitriy, Sean is telling you that he has built his machine exactly like you want it. He uses the black button for activation of procedure of definition of zero.
Old Fri 20 January 2012, 22:36
kaartman

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
I would like to use the z zero touch plate with the indexer, how would i go about changing the script, this is the scenario: from the center of the lathe to the top of the fixed surface at the point where i will use to zero the cutter is 75mm, I am making use of the screenset posted by PEU
thank you for the help
K
Old Sat 21 January 2012, 09:54
kaartman

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Z zero script editing

I have copied the script here,and add a picture for a better understanding, I would like the cutter to retract 25mm above the flat surface ( yellow rectangle) that i use to find z zero, from the flat surface the Z is 75 mm downward, how would i go about editing the script below to accomplish this

'Rem Probe Down by PEU (Based on Erniebro Work)
FeedCurrent = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current settings
ZCurrent = GetOemDro(802)
Code "G4 P1" 'Pause 1 second to give time to position probe plate
Code "F100" 'slow feed rate to 100 MM/MIN
GageH = GetUserDRO(1152)
ZNew = ZCurrent - 20 'probe down 20 mm
Code "G31 Z" &ZNew
While IsMoving()
Wend
Call SetDro (2,GageH)
FinalMove = GageH * 2
Code "G0 Z" &FinalMove
Code "F" &FeedCurrent 'restore starting feed rate

The problem that i have is that the Z- axis retract the height of the gauge block and resulting in the Z to run into the Z max hard stop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.JPG (75.9 KB, 561 views)

Last edited by kaartman; Sat 21 January 2012 at 10:03.. Reason: no picture attached
Old Mon 30 January 2012, 10:59
alan254
Just call me: Al #95

mystic ct
United States of America
start stop stations

i am finally in process of wiring my control panel. after reading and studing the drawing in post #63 a light in my head finally came on. that the green buttons on the machine are only to resume motion on the machine and not to start the whole machine. i was wiring the greens as all start stations. now , if im correct the only machine start will be on the control panel.

i also have only one set of contacts on my e-stop buttons and am using my an extra set of contacs in my main contactor to hold in the e-stop on the pmdx, when the contact opens the pmdx will be open and cause the e-stop within the pmdx to do the same.

I hope i am correct
Old Mon 30 January 2012, 13:42
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Al,
The green button "can" start the process if the file is loaded in the cue and ready to cut. Or, if your repeating many part files, it will be the "cut again" file. The association in the OEM mapping - the 1000 and 1001 numbers in Mach 3 allow for it.

But, for wiring sake....it's really a "resume" green button, and yellow "feed hold"
Which, if your using the PMDX-122. Will be two the five J terminal inputs allowed. All button stations of similar type wired in parallel.

Does that help?
Sean
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 13:00
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
In wiring the Z-Zero button the infamous “ Black Button”

First, a wire coming from the PMDX-122 pin # 15 (in my case) goes to one side of the black button on the Y- car that SAME side also connects to the z-plate.

The other side of the NO Button connects to ground.

When the button is pressed making contact to ground, release the button after two seconds, Mech3 then starts the zeroing process. Mech3 is now in control until the spindle bit comes into contact with the z-plate thus zeroing the DRO.

Now that is assumed that 3 files supplied by Greg in post #38 have been installed to the proper folders in Mech3. I am using a .250 aluminum plate where do I enter this?

I think I understand it. If not HELP.

Thanks,

Al
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 13:34
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Here is a drawing of my understanding

z plate.dxf

Al
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 14:17
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Al,
In the .m1s file you will see a notation for plate thickness.
You change it there - decimal entry.
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 14:38
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Hi Sean.

I guess that my theory and wiring is correct then? I will modify the file and load them,

Thanks,
al
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 14:42
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Yes,
The z touch plate and black button are wired in parallel.
MACH uses the probe input for the routine to work correctly. So make sure you configure Port and Pin #15 accordingly in your set up table under Config / ports and pins menu.
You can edit the M1s file after it' s all uploaded by selecting from the menu bar "operator" then select "edit button script" then select with your mouse on the "auto tool zero" under tool information and a dialog box will open. Edit the value there and save.
Then run the routine. This allows for very finite adjustment of the tool plate and hysteresis of your set up. I think my .375 alum plate ended up being .378 after many tests. Be mindful of your tool speed. It will cause an overrun of the probe sense and change the plate value.

Last edited by smreish; Wed 07 March 2012 at 14:46..
Old Wed 07 March 2012, 15:01
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
thank you, try it tomorrow. hope can help others soon

al
Old Thu 08 March 2012, 09:37
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Well i tried and here is the results.

This is what I did to set up and load z-zero plate program:

1:Ports & pins>> enable probe>> port 1, pin #15

2: Ports & pins>>General config. >>> turn on micropump

3: Load ZeroSwitch.BRN file into brain folder.

4: Load the Macropump.M1S into the mill folder, in my case my profile folder called “Router”.

5: Load the M615.M1S into Router folder.

6: “Sean quote”, to edit the 615.M1S file.

You can edit the M1S file after it' s all uploaded by selecting from the menu bar "operator" then select "edit button script" then select with your mouse on the "auto tool zero" under tool information and a dialog box will open. Edit the value there and save.
Then run the routine. This allows for very finite adjustment of the tool plate and hysteresis of your set up. I think my .375 alum plate ended up being .378 after many tests. Be mindful of your tool speed. It will cause an overrun of the probe sense and change the plate value.

All went fine to till I got to edit box. Got a “ message not implemented yet”. I manually open the file and chance the Plate Thickness and save to the following.

Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness)

CHANGED Plate Thickness to .253 my plate thickness

Call SetDro (2, .2530)

Reloaded Mech3 “Router” the Black button does nothing.
When I tried to reference home the Z tries to zero and does not stop when the proximity sensor is reached.
Also the Z DRO will not zero the x and y will both zero.

lost again

Al
Old Thu 08 March 2012, 10:34
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
It's okay....I'm always lost.
Let me review your process. In the mean time. NILS #12 - Help!
Old Thu 08 March 2012, 11:18
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Noticed in the BRN file although it appears to be compiled the top line reads input #4. I am usinginput #15
Old Fri 09 March 2012, 05:08
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Here is the modifications I made to my 615.M1S. I believe they are correct.

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate.
PlateThickness = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Z-plate thickness DRO

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then
DoOEMButton (1010)
Code "G31Z-7 F30"
While IsMoving()
Wend
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002)
Code "G0 Z" & ZProbePos
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Call SetDro (0.253, PlateThickness)
Code "G4 P0.25" 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G1 Z20 F.5" 'Change the Z retract height here
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)"
Code "F" & CurrentFeed
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)"
Exit Sub
End If
__________________________________________________ _______________

changed lines this should effect

line 3 F30" feed rate
line 10 (0.253,plateThichness) adjust plate thickness
line 12 F.5" Retract cutter after zeroing

Am using the Mach3mill window under name "Router"

Al
Old Sun 11 March 2012, 06:36
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
Been reading the other two sites for the past two days. i guess the auto zero on the mech 3 screen is not funcional. Need to add buttons. Have played with the modified 1024 screen a little. I will be using the spindle controls and don't lose them. I can step throught the 615.m1s program and make it work. But as a whole still trying.

I am a ways away of editing the Mech3 screens. I would like to see three buttons added to the bottom the Mech 3 screen . 1:Auto tool zero. 2: Plate Thickness. 3: Feed rate

Does someone have this or can i get someone to make these change?

To much to learn all at once.

On the lighter side I did cut my first real job yeaterday.

Thanks al
Old Sun 11 March 2012, 09:19
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan254 View Post
i guess the auto zero on the mach 3 screen is not functional.
Mach3 does not come with an auto zero script. You need to find one or create you own, and add it to the button.
Old Sun 11 March 2012, 10:03
alan254

mystic ct
United States of America
I have a script but am having trouble adding to the button.

al
Old Sun 11 March 2012, 10:17
ger21
Just call me: Ger

Detroit, MI
United States of America
Go to Operator > Edit Button Script.
Click the Auto Zero Button.
If anything is in the window, delete it, then paste in your script.
File > Save
Close Mach3 and restart it.

That's it.

Gerry

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read