MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 30 July 2013, 17:21
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Smooth Stepper Preferances

I have read the postings concerning smooth steppers. I would like to know which one works best with the PMDX-126 BOB. I asked PMDX and they recommended Soigeneris. Any advice?

http://www.soigeneris.com/ethernet_s...r-details.aspx
http://www.soigeneris.com/smoothstepper-details.aspx
Old Sun 04 August 2013, 15:15
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
No matter who sells them, there is only one Smoothstepper but two types.
Ethernet, the newer one is a preferred option
Old Thu 08 August 2013, 22:43
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Smooth Stepper

I purchased the smooth stepper from Soingeneris for $180. It was the best price I found. The device requires 2 jumper cables. Since I have the PMDX-126 BOB. I chose to go with the 2 LPH26 to LPH26 cables at $2.50 each.

The board piggybacks the PMDX board. You will need to cut 3 stand offs. If you choose to make your stand off post out of metal you will need to change the JP1 (closest to the power connection). also, the board requires a 5VDC power supply.

If you need one they sell the MeanWell unit. After downloading all the differ documentation that the various companies have for this one board. I found out that MeanWell also provides a DIN version that is available from Jameco Electronics for 14.95. It is probably worth it just to keep the wiring clean.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read