MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 07 September 2012, 10:43
viz
Just call me: viz

Kaunas
Lithuania
Mach3 X axis with 2 motors set as slave

Hello,

I need some help, i have 2 motors for x axis. In mach3, one motor is set to X axis and second in A axis.

In mach3 i set Config->Slave Axis on X Axis i set slaved axis to A axis.

Now then i press left button both motors axis rotating the same side, but if i press right button both motors axis rotating to different sides ? Can't find answer to this problem.

Thank you for help !
Old Fri 07 September 2012, 11:36
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Are you sure that each motor will turn forwards and backwards? Maybe you are seeing the one motor only go in one direction? Maybe it does not change direction because there is a broken wire, or there is an incorrect setting?
Old Fri 07 September 2012, 16:46
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
it looks like you did not correctly wire the step and dir signals or set them properly in mach3 config pins, in those cases you can see that kind of behavior. disengage the motors and you should find one that is spinning in only one direction so check that motors setup.
Old Fri 07 September 2012, 20:49
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
You might also has a loose parallel port connection.
Old Sat 08 September 2012, 03:48
viz

Kaunas
Lithuania
Thank you for help, i changed LPT cable to new one.

Also set in mach3 options showed in screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slavexa.JPG (223.1 KB, 242 views)
Old Sat 08 September 2012, 04:10
viz

Kaunas
Lithuania
Also in X Axis we can uncheck "Step Low Active" and the motors still rotating to the same side.
Old Sat 08 September 2012, 08:41
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Depending on the Breakout board and the drives, all step signals should be checked or unchecked, so they all react in same fashion.

check step/dir wiring to the drives.
Also depending on the drives they might be configured for CW/ CCW input rather than Step/Dir this might be the most obvious reason as you are feeding the step signal into only one direction input. In leadshine drives there is a jumper inside or a dip switch setting to change this to the step/dir logic for the two inputs
Old Sat 08 September 2012, 08:58
viz

Kaunas
Lithuania
Posted the screenshot but forgot to tell that now everything is working the problem was in LPT cable. Now my both motors work perfect and rotating to the same side. Thank you for quick answers.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read