MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 24 July 2012, 15:11
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
Picture of Control Box

I am in the process of building the control box. I purchased the elctrical box that CV supply sells. fyi...unless you have access to a great parts store in your area this is a great way to start your project. I also talked to the techs at PMDX and the recommended the pmdx-126 to go with the Gecko G203v stepper drives.

They also recommended the PMDX-134 motherboard to hold the G203v stepper drives. Does any have any pictures they can show to help me organize these parts. Also is anyone using connectors to connect the stepper motors to the control box. Mike alias Metalhead has recommended the philosphy that connectors introduce another point of failure. Let me know your feelings.
Old Tue 24 July 2012, 21:25
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...14&postcount=1

Look here. It is of the 133 board, but the hook up is the same for the 134.
Old Thu 15 August 2013, 20:03
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
PMDX circuitry

In the PMDX-134 manual it states "NOTE - We recommend that the AC mains input to your power supply be fused. We recommend against having switches in the DC connection from your power supply to the PMDX-134."

What are we using as a fuse for the AC input?
Old Fri 16 August 2013, 07:21
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I used the dedicated breaker from the fuse panel as my protection in front of the disconnect.
Old Fri 16 August 2013, 08:36
Mrayhursh

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
on the http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...14&postcount=1 link
there is a pic of the PMDX-134. The small black terminal has a wire I suspect it is a resistor coming out of the terminals. I checked both the PMDX-134 and PMDX-126 manuals. I found several spots mentioning a pull up resistor but no mention of the resistor ohm value. Is this something I need to add?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read