MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 08 June 2012, 05:42
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Arduino Modbus

In the process of retrofitting my lathe to cnc, I am making a control panel which will be connected to the Arduino running modbus slave.
All the inputs and outputs will be accessible from Mach3 serial modbus. I am using Arduino Mega2560 with 54 digital input/output pins (of which 14 can be used as PWM outputs) and 16 analog inputs. Feedrate and Spindle speed will be availabe via 2 analogue inputs. Joystick movement of axis will not be implemented and no MPG I leave that to others to make improvements (I use pokeys for that on my mechmate) as the lathe will have MPG on LPT pins for best response.

If anyone is interested I will release the sketch (code) so Mechmate members can use it to create a pendant or control panel for their machine.
Old Fri 08 June 2012, 07:46
jfwillem
Just call me: jfwillem

58130 Guerigny
France
Send a message via MSN to jfwillem
I am greatly interested
Old Mon 11 June 2012, 16:42
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
I managed to get the 4x4 keypad into arduino and out to the Mach3 to type in DROs and eliminate use of keyboard for that. Mach surely is a extraordinary piece of software. Anything can be done if you put some effort to it. Brains and VB code are a way to go.

Writing a plugin would be a nice thing to do, but I'm not up to the task right now.

For input buttons and pots I used register for each one and an InputOutput serial modbus without plugin support. Not sure if it can have some impact on performance but testing will show.

With things working so smooth I tried to implement the analog joystick for XY but it needs testing directly on machine and it will have to wait.

I Will release the sketch in a couple of days with some instructions.
Old Sun 19 May 2013, 21:54
litemover
Just call me: Chris

Auckland
New Zealand
Im interested for sure!

Thanks,
Chris

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read