MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 23 July 2012, 13:30
andrewuk
Just call me: Andrew

leeds
United Kingdom
Relays

Hi has anyone used one of these relay boards with their proximity sensors or got thoughts/ advice on them, just finishing the shopping list and then ill make a start putting it all together. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-4-Channe...#ht_4202wt_934
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 19:29
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
I'm a little confused here. If I understand that board correctly, it's for outputs - you provide 12v to operate the relays, and a signal from a microprocessor can switch them - the output stage can support 120-240v, up to 10A.

Since the proxys are inputs to the computer, I don't understand how this board would apply. Did I miss something?
Old Mon 23 July 2012, 22:06
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Depending on your BOB and sensors you may not need relays at all. I don't have any with the PMDX125
Old Tue 24 July 2012, 13:00
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
relay board

Thanks both of you for the replies,thought i had the right board but looks like i need to carry on looking, any ideas where i can get a board as Gerald describes in earlier posts. Thanks
Old Tue 24 July 2012, 13:03
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
What BOB are you using?
Old Tue 24 July 2012, 13:25
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
breakout board

Hi mike its this one from a uk supplier http://www.diycnc.co.uk/html/uniport.html

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read