MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 10 March 2011, 20:15
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Es un puente.

La bobina del contactor necesita electricidad para abrir el circuito eléctrico y el botón on, es ese puente para activarla. Una vez activada la bobina, el circuito eléctrico ya se encarga de mantener la bobina activa y el botón On, ya no es necesario.

En pocas palabras, ese botón es como el motor de arranque de una moto.
Old Fri 11 March 2011, 10:08
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Its a momentary pushbutton! dumb me! I was thinking that was a switch

Thanks Brad & Ros
Old Fri 29 June 2012, 21:08
Zouave
Just call me: Eric #115

Sacramento, CA
United States of America
Jumping back to the E-stop circuit, using the two NC switches...

Would it be advantageous to have a delayed-break NC contact block paired with a standard NC contact block? The standard would be the one that goes to the BOB and Mach3, the delayed break would cut out the Mains. My thinking being that the BOB would get the E-stop message just before power is cut, and can relay that to Mach3, so we ensure that Mach3 gets the message. Does this make sense? Am I over-thinking things? The two contact blocks I'm looking at are from FactoryMation:
http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/it...=2&category=92
And
http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/it...=2&category=92
Old Sat 30 June 2012, 02:58
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Just connect your bob power supply outside of the E-stop circuit.
Old Sat 30 June 2012, 09:25
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave View Post
. . .a delayed-break . . . .just before power is cut,
If the cutter is chewing into your arm, how long a delay would you accept? Can you guarantee that the delay circuit will always work if you havn't tested it for a few months?

Remember, we are talking emergency stop - there is another button to make things pause.
Old Sat 30 June 2012, 10:02
Zouave
Just call me: Eric #115

Sacramento, CA
United States of America
Oh, the delayed break isn't a time-delay, exactly, it just means that the button has to be depressed slightly further before it breaks the contact. It prevents an accidental bump of the E-stop from killing everything. When I talked with Factory Mation, it was the one that they recommended for an E-Stop circuit. They have an Early-Make NO, and a Delayed Break, NC. Its just a difference in how far the button must be pushed for the circuit to activate. When I mash an E-stop, its GOING to make the connection. I was just wondering if it would be advantageous to have the BOB get the E-stop message to Mach3 slightly before the power gets cut.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read