MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 06 May 2011, 05:22
giggler
Just call me: giggler

na
United Kingdom
Motor plate pivot play?

Hi,

My motor plate pivot holes for the x axis are drilled to 10mm (both plates, motor and fixed axis). They actually measure 10.1mm using a caliper but the bolt unthreaded shank is like 9.9mm so there is a little play. My M8 restraint bolt slots are slightly larger so they wouldn't interfere during rotational movement with spring pressure and rack height variances. I've not done the pivot bolt up with the teflon washers and restraint bolts yet but is this something that will cause a problem with backlash from your experience?

The last thing I want is the motor to reverse direction and instead of moving the axis it moves around the pivot point for small step changes.

dc

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read