MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old Sat 24 February 2007, 16:26
lee underwood
Just call me:

hi phil i startin to make a machine in norwich and have had problems getting prices or finding parts in the uk, like motors and boards, i newbie too. have you got a price for rest of the metal too cause i tryin to get a total cost before i start funding the project.
Old Sun 25 February 2007, 07:56
phil bizley
Just call me:

Hi Gerald,It's good to be on board.
Lee, I get my metal from a local firm in Avonmouth.Bristol Steel stockholders ltd.and motors are from MotionControl in Bournmouth,I found them on ebay. And have used them for all my motors, and just started using there drivers
The rest comes from the USA, it's half the price of the UK.Phil
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 05:48
Manjeet Singh
Just call me:

Hi all,

I am able to find a local source for laser cutting around my place. He has quoted me around.175 $ for one complete set without bending and the other shop quoted 35$ for bending. I have ordered two sets I hope they will reach me with a weeks time. I will load Pics of those when I recieve them.

Manjeet
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 09:15
dneisler
Just call me:

Ok, 9 more kits are now ordered. Right now the laser cutter says he should be able to finish them by the end of the week. So this should put the eta about 2 weeks for everyone. This is of course subject to change.
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 10:31
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

This is the kit i deliver. it contains all the lasercut parts, plus the gauge plate for the z axis. Price is 140Euro's or £100 UK. +shipment.
Payment up front either via bank transfer, og paypal. And yes, the spider plate is bent. I can also deliver bent, at a cost of £50 uk, or 70 Euros giving a final price of either £150 UK or 210 Euros + Shipment.

Old Mon 26 February 2007, 10:50
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Amazing how we suddenly have lots of possibilities!

Looking at Kim's pic, you must admit that you get a heck of a lot of value for the price.

Hope everyone noticed that slightly revised drawings were released yesterday?

Kim, that Z-plate might not be as hard as the "tool steel" gauge plate. Do you use something special for the steel, and is it totally flat after the heat of the laser? I am sure it will work 100% but some perfectionists might want the special steel and precision.
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 10:55
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Gerald, I can deliver in TOOL Steel that will not warp during hardening, but for now I'm delivering in mild steel. i could also use domex 650 steel it is very durabel and very hard. The gauge plate is not grinded so the 2 45 degree angles you need to find someone else to make..
If the gauge plate needs to be delivered in TOOL Steel the price will change as this is very expensive. Domex 650 is the same price.
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 10:58
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Oh, and the spider plate i saw that was changes should not be a problem, cause the holes for the V-Rollers are not cut, så people can make them with ease where ever they want to have them. These spider plates are marked for the size 3 rollers. I'm currently in the progress of finding out what the price for the rollers should be from me including the bearings. not pressed in though... You guys must do somethings your selves... LOL
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 12:01
Gerald_D
Just call me:

That Swedish Domex 650 is very tough stuff! But, it will be very difficult to cut the countersink holes.
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 12:08
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

there is many more choises. I can cut it in Domex 355, 420, 600 or 650
Old Mon 26 February 2007, 17:07
reza forushani
Just call me:

Just got my parts. Thanks Dennis
Old Tue 27 February 2007, 11:28
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Finally, I have a price indluding P&P to the UK...

The Price for one complete set, including the Gaugeplate is £175 delivered to your dorrstep anywhere in the UK...
Old Thu 15 March 2007, 18:11
Greg J
Just call me:

Just order my laser cut parts. Its hard to find quality in the desert of New Mexico.

This is one great forum everyone.
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 10:55
dneisler
Just call me:

Due to a couple of people giving me grief about my service with the parts, I will be rasing the price or discontinuing it totally. I guess some people do not understand I was only doing this to help people out and not making a profit doing it.

So at this time, I will be taking orders for parts for batch #3 at current pricing only until Friday. After that it is going up to $350 bent. If any one has questions, please email me.

Gerald,
Sorry about raising the price, but I am sure you understand my side as well.
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 13:17
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Dneisler:: What has been thr trouble with the parts since people have been giving you grief on that area..???
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 13:22
Loren Gameros
Just call me:

I just ordered my laser cut parts, I am excited! Thanks for all your help Don.
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 14:20
dneisler
Just call me:

No trouble with the parts at all, just other issues. People want the world and they do not understand or realize I am doing all this for free and giving my time for free. I just wanted to help the group and the cause. I don't even have a set of parts for me yet cause I sold mine to help a fellow forum member out.
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 15:34
David Rosenbleeth
Just call me:

I believe Don was dealing with a couple of people who operate under the assumption that once they decide they want something they want it "NOW". As people who deal with customers like that on a regular basis in our industry, you would think we would learn to restrain ourselves from being that way. That type of person is also often inclined to accept favors offered as if they had paid a premium price for rush delivery. The best response to that type of buyer is:
Forget it and tell them good luck you!!!
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 15:58
Greg J
Just call me:

dneisler,
I have placed an order and was happy to find your service. People should try living 3 to 4 hours away from any major industral center.
Thank You for your help,
Greg J.
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 16:18
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

Well said David....
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 19:49
James Webster
Just call me:

Don,

I thought your service was great.

We could not have got the work done any quicker locally, and we ARE in a huge industrial center - Detroit.

Don't let a few idiots get to you.

I had figured you were making SOME money on the deal. If you did it just to help us all out, THANK YOU AN EXTRA VERY MUCH!!!
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 19:58
Jay Waters
Just call me:

dneisler,

Just wanted to say thanks for all that you do and have done for us wanna-be cncers. I too have placed my order and have not received anything yet, but I am in no hurry and I am definitely not worried. If I was, I'd go buy me a running machine somewhere. It's unbelievable how very rude someone can be when it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that dneisler couldn't be making a profit on these items. The price is fantastic, and the enabling factor that allows me to get one step closer to building a machine is priceless. I say refund the gripers money and tell them to go somewhere else where maybe they'll get things handed to them for free. Okay, I guess that's enough said so I'll climb down off my soapbox. It just gets my feathers ruffled how some people can act when you're doing them a favor. Oh yeah, dneisler, if you have to raise the price go for it, and if you need to charge extra, tack it on cause I'm gonna have me a Mechmate one day!! Nuff said.

David, such eloquence in so few words!! Couldn't be stated any better than that
Old Wed 28 March 2007, 10:57
dneisler
Just call me:

Just wanted to let everyone know I have recieved the parts from the laser people, which I might add where very slow this time, and just dropped them off to be bent. I should be shipping them next week.

Thanks
and sorry for the delays

Donald
Old Wed 28 March 2007, 11:13
Greg J
Just call me:

Donald,
Thanks for the update.

Greg
Old Wed 28 March 2007, 15:21
jeff barton
Just call me:

I have acess to a laser and forming. I want to build a cnc router can I work out a trade?
Old Thu 29 March 2007, 05:15
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

jeff what is it you want to trade..??
Old Thu 29 March 2007, 06:55
Jeff Barton
Just call me:

Kim
I don't know what do I need to get started.
Old Thu 29 March 2007, 11:57
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

You download the plans from this forum, then you can build your very own Mechmate from those plans...
If you have access to a laser, and a bending machine then you are of to a good start...

For all the other needs, look through the forum, there are many people inhere willing to help you out if you have any questions.
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 10:48
dneisler
Just call me:

Well just when I thought things where going to smooth out.....

About 7:30AM this morning I get a call from the people doing the forming work on the parts telling me they haid screwed up the Spider plate on all 12 kits I had being done.

<scream>

So I have ordered 12 more spider plates, and trying to find out exactly when I have them here to finish this order.

If any one wants me to ship what I have minus the spider plate, and send it seperate let me know and I will do so, otherwise I will send it all complete.

I am sorry that is taking so long, but seems like everything I do lately is twice as hard for some reason and takes twice as long. Again, sorry the delay, but I will get the parts out ASAP.
Old Tue 03 April 2007, 11:01
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Unfortunately, that is one of the reasons I called it the spider plate - it bit me as well. (Actually, it started with six "feet", but the name stuck)
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts