MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 21 November 2014, 23:39
notimeforwork
Just call me: kwguy

kitchener, ontario
Canada
Still collecting materials..in Southern Ont., Canada

Got the plans about two weeks ago, and had a chance to review them - and read through some of the forum posts.

I plan on buying the precut and prebent steel kit available in Canada, so that should help with sourcing the most troublesome parts.

Might have it started before christmas!
Old Sat 22 November 2014, 11:12
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
The biggest piece of advice I can give you is read first then build. There is a lot of tweaks that different people make that can make a drastic difference on the direction of your build. It would be wise (I didn't do it and had to make changes after). Welcome to the forum.
Old Sat 22 November 2014, 11:22
notimeforwork

kitchener, ontario
Canada
Thanks for the tip... I am reading through the forums and getting a grasp on the scope of the project.
Old Sun 23 November 2014, 10:18
LDouglas
Just call me: Les

Acton, Ontario
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimeforwork View Post
Got the plans about two weeks ago, and had a chance to review them - and read through some of the forum posts.

I plan on buying the precut and prebent steel kit available in Canada, so that should help with sourcing the most troublesome parts.

Might have it started before christmas!
I started to build a CNC without any plans. MeshMate plans were purchased after the table was constructed. Now I plan on making changes to the table so that it is closer to the MeshMate Plans. You mentioned in your post that you could buy the parts pre'cut in Canada ? If so could you please provide your source. I live in Acton, not too far from you.
Old Sun 23 November 2014, 11:02
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
If you had read the plan & the forum, you won't have to ask where to get any parts.
Old Sun 23 November 2014, 11:38
notimeforwork

kitchener, ontario
Canada
I found this in the forum;

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409

The guy was quick to reply, and very helpful.
Old Sun 23 November 2014, 22:22
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome aboard!
Let me know if you have any questions on where to get stuff in Canada!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read