MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 26 October 2009, 05:27
Quiff
Just call me: Keith

Manitoba
Canada
CNC Wrapper Software

Hi All,
Just thought you might wish to know of a low cost rotary axis software that you can download and try for free. It is called CNCWrapper V2.0 and it works with Mach3 or WinCNC etc. If you want to see some of the things that it has produced, do a search on YouTube for CNC Wrapper and you should find lots of videos.

After you have tried it and decide to purchase it, it is only U$20.
Rather than me saying any more about it, take a look at the website and download the program.
http://CNCWrapper.com
Old Mon 26 October 2009, 05:37
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Hi Keith, how about the updates??? are you planning to sell em separate?
Old Tue 27 October 2009, 07:17
Quiff

Manitoba
Canada
Hi Irfan,

It is not my program, I just gave Andrew a hand with it.
As far as I know, he will be giving free updates for a period of time, probably all through Version 2. I can't say how long for certain, but he is a very fair & reasonable person and isn't really doing the software to try to make a living - thus the really reasonable price. I would guess he wouldn't charge more than $5 [if any money at all] for an upgrade to Version 3 if/when that ever happens.

I know he is working on a Version 2.1 [just a patch] to make it [easily] compatible with Windows 7 and Vista. Right now there is a bit one has to do to install to Vista [instructions on his website but it involves Administrator privileges] and I am not sure on Windows 7, but he was going to install W7 today or tomorrow and check that out so he could complete the testing of the new version. He has been taking a well deserved break. So as far as I know, there is not any more functionality being added, but I could be wrong, AGAIN, for the first time in my life - LOL.

I will ask Andrew to let me know SPECIFICALLY what the upgrade policy is & get him to put it on his website CNCWrapper.com I will post it here also.

Thanks,
Keith
Old Tue 27 October 2009, 08:09
javeria

Bangalore
India
yup keith - i bought it already - it was maybe me who highlighted the problem with vista.

i would be happy to pay for any added functionality(if its only $5 we are talking about )
Old Wed 28 October 2009, 06:08
Quiff

Manitoba
Canada
Hi Irfan,
I guess you were the first of several! Thanks for bringing it to his attention.

What would you like to see added? I am pretty sure that Andrew would be open to suggestions.

I know, for $20 it is a pretty awesome program, but any software can have improvements made, as one can not think of everything. It is the creative users that help to make great software - fantastic.

So if others have suggestions, lets hear them & I will forward them to Andrew. The only thing he really wants is for CNCWrapper to be a great program.

I hear he is going to put some freebie programs on his site in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Keith
Old Wed 28 October 2009, 09:00
javeria

Bangalore
India
some addition would be like what Rich has done - like in the below thread

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170

i am not a SME so I cannot say more
Old Thu 29 October 2009, 05:09
Greolt
Just call me: Greg

Victoria
Australia
A couple of the many things I have done with the help of CNCWrapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWKN7C31e4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFSdogFx_g

Greg
Old Thu 29 October 2009, 06:44
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Greg,

Excellent work! Impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Old Thu 29 October 2009, 08:21
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Greg,
I really liked the lithophanes you did with CNCWrapper. They are spectacular.

Greg's Lithophanes

Hope you do not mind me posting the link.
Old Thu 29 October 2009, 09:12
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Wow ! Super coool ! This give the start to upgrade my MM.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read